Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:24:27 PM EDT
I have the chance to pick up a Sig 229(nitron finish) no rail from a friend for $400. Is this a good price? It does have some holster wear on the frame but the slide looks very clean.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
its a pretty good deal....what caliber?

CDNN has some P229s for roughly the same price
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
40 S&W. is the caliber

Came with:
-59 rounds of Winchester Ranger ammunition
-20 rds. LOW RECOIL Federal personal defense ammo
-2 OEM Sig magazines (13rd)
-1 Mecgar magazine (15rd)
-Blue case with manual and lock
-Extra pair of Hogue grips

P.S. I think it may have been one of the certified pre-owned sigs because the slide looks new but there is a lot of wear on the barrel.

Also, no wear on the slide...just on the frame.

If I were to re-sell it what do you think I could get?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
i'd get it

as to resell, well since CDNN has flooded the market w/ used SIGs...i dont know how much you can make--but you can definitly break even
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
okay cool, the wear on the frame kinda bothers me. I guess I can talk him down a little maybe
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a decent price.  I bought one in .357SIG with a bit of holster wear and some ammo thrown in for that same a month or two ago.  I haven't seen any offers since that made me feel like I spent too much.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
40 S&W. is the caliber

Came with:

P.S. I think it may have been one of the certified pre-owned sigs because the slide looks new but there is a lot of wear on the barrel.

I have wear on my slide, but none on the frame.  Wanna trade slides so your gun won't look funny?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you buying it for? If it is for the range and shooting the daylights out of then forget about the frame wear or buy some Alumihide 2 from brownells and refinish it.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What are you buying it for? If it is for the range and shooting the daylights out of then forget about the frame wear or buy some Alumihide 2 from brownells and refinish it.  

Okay, I will send you my slide...you send me yours.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Wear ain't no big deal, you can always get that fixed. $400 is a good price, I say buy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Get it!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats actually a decent price if the gun is in good condition. Nothing stupendous. At least hes being reasonable and realistic about the value. A lot of people try to sell guns for what they paid for them when they were NIB. Check the EE here. I see guys listing used guns for as much, or even more, than I can buy the gun brand new from a registered FFL, on GunsAmerica. Its crazy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
40 S&W. is the caliber

Came with:

things in red don't match up.  40's and .357s all have a 12 rd capacity.  If it were 9mm, the mag capacitys listed would make sense, but mec doesn't make a 15rd .40 mag for a P229.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Good deal... grab it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
40 S&W. is the caliber

Came with:

things in red don't match up.  40's and .357s all have a 12 rd capacity.  If it were 9mm, the mag capacitys listed would make sense, but mec doesn't make a 15rd .40 mag for a P229.

could the mag be for a 226?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
40 S&W. is the caliber

Came with:

CPO's come in a red case, if it's in a blue case then it's not a CPO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my used Sig 229 DAK for $499, I consider that a very fair price because unlike regular 229's, used 229 DAK's are few and far between.  The cheapest used DAK's that CDNN has are $499 as well.  

I personally wouldn't pay $499 for a used non-DAK 229 though, because you can get them for $369 from CDNN.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#17]
If you didn't buy it yet, you're a fool.  It's one heck of a deal.  If you don't, someone else might.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top