Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:38:44 PM EDT
Ok, i was just kidding. I bought one but not for home protection. Anybody know about these?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok, i was just kidding. I bought one but not for home protection. Anybody know about these?

You had me worried for a second!

I just was in a CCW class and one of the guys acctually brought to class a Beretta 21A 22LR to use as his self denfence gun!!! We educated him on why that was a very poor choice and reccomended he buy a something like a Sig or Glock or a big Beretta like a 92.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
i see the .22 as nothing more than a fun, plinking caliber.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I though the HP22 was piece of pot metal crap from Phoenix Arms.

The Taurus 22 is the PT22 and its nifty d.a. only.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one of the .22short models for home defense..
I wonder if it comes in a CB cap model........................

Wait a minute, Where's that hatchet? ....
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
your right its the pt22

i was thinking of a phoenix i was looking at buying
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
at close range a .22 isnt too bad, especially magnum hollow points.  you'd be suprised at the dammage they can do if they hit bone.  think shattering bouncing BB of destruction.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
at close range a .22 isnt too bad, especially magnum hollow points.  you'd be suprised at the dammage they can do if they hit bone.  think shattering bouncing BB of destruction.

lmao, I have just as much confidence to defend myself with my knife or hatchet as with my .22 pistol.

Of course if its the first weapon I grab ahold of I'd feel comfy defending myself with it inside my house though. Since it doesnt have much recoil I could emty the mag into someones face as quick as I can pull the trigger, and since its a S/A I can pull it pretty quick
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Everyone seems to think that a .22 has no more lethality than a Red Ryder BB gun, but I wouldn't want to be shot with one. It wouldn't be my first choice for self defence, but it would be better than nothing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice joke, but that little sucker is accurate enough to put all 7 or 8 rounds in someone's throat at 7 yards and that is good enough.  Can you envision continued aggression after being hit in the chest by a round of #4 buckshot?.....'cause that is almost what it would be like.

For years I carried a Beretta Jetfire in .25ACP with absolute confidence that nobody could walk through a hail of those little piss-ant bullets coming at them.  It was very accurate for a mousegun and could put every round in 2-3" at 7 yards.

Remember, the very best combat handgun in the world is whatever you have in your hand whenever the SHTF.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice joke, but that little sucker is accurate enough to put all 7 or 8 rounds in someone's throat at 7 yards and that is good enough.  Can you envision continued aggression after being hit in the chest by a round of #4 buckshot?.....'cause that is almost what it would be like.

For years I carried a Beretta Jetfire in .25ACP with absolute confidence that nobody could walk through a hail of those little piss-ant bullets coming at them.  It was very accurate for a mousegun and could put every round in 2-3" at 7 yards.

Remember, the very best combat handgun in the world is whatever you have in your hand whenever the SHTF.

I agree for the most part, but I have personally seen a groundhog get hit 7 out of 8 times with a Beretta 25, live overnight into the next day, and then die.
How do I know?
Because I shot it and killed it the next day with 16guage birdshot from about 8 yards away. Upon opening it up, there were no fewer than 7 bulletholes. 4 exited, the other 3 stayed inside the body.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I had an early PT22 I bought somewhere around 92-94ish and after a few hundred rounds the slide cracked at the very front under the bbl.   Taurus replaced the whole pistol and I sold it shortly thereafter.   It was a neat gun and if the problem is not a common one I wouldnt mind having another.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree for the most part, but I have personally seen a groundhog get hit 7 out of 8 times with a Beretta 25, live overnight into the next day, and then die.
How do I know?
Because I shot it and killed it the next day with 16guage birdshot from about 8 yards away. Upon opening it up, there were no fewer than 7 bulletholes. 4 exited, the other 3 stayed inside the body.

I heard .22 was more powerful then a .25.

^ from a doctor who've seen quite a few wounds with both.

I dont know if its a fact though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
i changed my mind and ordered a rossi .357snubby and told him to cancel the .22 pt22 order.. Itll shoot .38 special too so i like it. Im gettin it sent for about 250 nib after my ffl fee+S&H. I have never owned a revolver so im excited about it. plus a lifetime warranty means for $250 ill have a garunteed revolver for life. Not a bad deal eh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top