Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
Why are rail grip/handles illegal on pistols???  I've been eyeing either a glock or S&W M&P, today I went to look at them and commented if rail grip/handles were available for them.  the retailor promptly told me they were illegal for handguns.  It doesn't make any sense.  A rail grip/handle would greatly reduce muzzle rise and aid in accuracy & followup shots.  how can an accessory that aids the shooter be illegal?  what's ur view?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the BATF is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Because adding the grip no longer makes it a device designed to be shot with one hand; therefore, it's an AOW.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno about you but I never shoot pistols w/only 1 hand.  besides I can take the grip off anytime.

Quoted:
Because adding the grip no longer makes it a device designed to be shot with one hand; therefore, it's an AOW.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
When a grip is added on to a pistol it becomes adherently more dangerous.  Ask Diane Feinstein.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Cause some dumbass wrote ATF a letter.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It sucks.  Its the law.  The law sucks.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I could not have said it better my self.  Stupid and communist.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=431486

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=25061

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=6&t=411751&page=1

It seems that there is some debate on the matter.  I personally always thought it'd be considered an AOW, it was put in the NFA to keep people from running around with Thompson 1928's with the stocks removed and calling those pistols.  I do also think that it's very stupid and I don't know if having the grip detachable makes any difference.  On the Thompson, the foregrip is semi-permanent.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
sometimes it is sometimes it isnt.

was gonna post link which was already posted in above reply. the last one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could not have said it better my self.  Stupid and communist.

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
ya i don't understand how you can't have vert. foward grip or stock provisions on say ak/ar pistols but my glock, the same that most law enforcers use comes std. with provisions for both?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top