Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:07:20 AM EDT
My father was in the Army Air Corps during WWII.  He was a radio man on a B17 and brought home his service pistol.  He died when I was seven years old and my mom kept his service pistol hanging around the house.   She was scared of firearms so she gave it way before I was old enough to appreciate it.  I remember messing with the pistol when I was younger.  

A friend of mine got this 4" S&W Victory model pistol for a loan and the guy never paid the loan off.  

I would like to get it (reminds me of my dad's pistol) from him but I don't know what it is worth.  It comes with a G.I shoulder holster that's in poor condition.  

The pistol is marked U.S. NAVY and has all the matching serial numbers, including the numbered grips.  I hope someone can help me.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No collector value on these. Values runs about $150-200 or so.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No collector value on these. Values runs about $150-200 or so.

My .o2

I only wish they were that cheap.  I've been on the lookout for a navy marked one for a while but most I've seen were around $400 as the navy ones are more difficult to find

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There is one on Gunbroker (better condition)

Guy wants a lot for it , probably overpriced - but if the one you want can be got for
$300  go for it
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
$ 200-400 is the current price range , that one is looks about $ 275-300 or so if orig park finish but it is hard to say because the finish looks hinkey with the blue background. If it is cold blued it is worth $ 125-150.
These things have become rather collectable lately most have been altered with property marks removed or re-blued etc so orig examples are sought after.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I think I'll pass on this one.  He has $425.00 in it.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top