Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 11:22:49 PM EDT

Friday, a week ago, I go to the range and fire about 300 rds through my bone stock Model 19. I get home and some friends have arrived to stay for the weekend. So I am not able to clean my weapon as I usually do when I first get home from the range. Well Sunday my friends and I head back out to the range to go through about 500rds between us. We head back and I put the pistol in my basement to clean after my company leaves.
    You guessed it....The pistol stays downstairs all week until I hit the range Thursday afternoon. Another 300rds downrange. Today I went to the range again and shot another 200rds.
     1200rds without cleaning the pistol and not one hiccup. Half of the rds fired were the Walmart Winchester 9mm 115gr 100ct. boxes and the other half assorted hollow points. I usually never let my pistol go more than a couple of hours without cleaning it after I shoot. But life got in the way and I wound up getting a little reliability test out of the deal.
        I am not a gunho Glock kind of guy but after this......I'm getting there.

Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
1200 rounds is no big deal for a Glock really.  Keep going and keep counting.

There was a guy that did this to his for over 10,000 rounds.  Might have been over 20,000...  I wish I knew where that website was...

EDITED: I can't find it, but I did find an out of date link referencing Chuck Taylor's 100,000 round Glock torture test.  Even more than I remembered...
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I more or less did the same with my Springfield 1911A1 and it didn't jam either..I guess I will just have to buy another.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I got two GLock 17's as I was starting a month of heavy training, so I decided to test one while holding the other in reserve.  The test Glock went 8,756 rounds without any maintenance before a malf--the trigger did not go forward on its own.  A drop of oil and it worked fine again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You are either rich or reload a lot...either way you must be rich to shoot that much in a month........or just another glockaholic making up a story............
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
darm441.....just kidding, enjoy your Gluck.....May end up with a G20 myself one of these days.....last choice, but, probably will have to unless someone comes up with a 10MM...Dan Wesson supposedly did......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top