Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2005 4:58:37 AM EDT
And the damn finish is allready starting to wear off of the barrel hood!I havnt shot it yet,have only racked the slide back a few dozen times,but I think the barrel will be in the white after a few hundred rounds.Love the way it points,decent trigger and sights,and I think it looks sharp with the OD green frame and black slide.Also looking forward to being able to reload .40 with lead bullets again,never did get around to getting an after market barrel for my glock 22 to be able to do that.I cant wait for my broken hand to heal up enough to go shoot the thing
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I got the tactical in 9mm. Very fun and accurate gun to shoot, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Just checked my service model, the finish is pretty worn theretoo , but I kinda like the look, I like my toys to look used.  BTW,  I've probably put about 1200 rounds through mine.

Ted
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an XD 40 Subcompact. I think it's in this pocket... well, maybe this one. Oh it's around here somewhere! Finish is good though. Shoots good, too. Hope you enjoy yours. I'll find mine in a minute.    
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I got to shoot a 4" XD40 today and I was very impressed with it. I liked the ergonomics of the grip, the action was nice and solid and generally was a nice pistol to hold. Accuracy was very good. It took 50rds to get used to the trigger, but on my second box I made a nice ragged hole in the center of the target. I liked and hated the trigger at the same time. It was very nice, and not too heavy, easy to reach, and not sloppy. However, I hated the trigger safety. It is not as good as the one on the Glock. It bit my finger with every shot. It was almost like  "trigger slap" on a WASR-10. The magazine fed good and slid into the gun cleanly.

As far as recoil, I found that it did not snap very much at all, and there was almost no muzzle flip. It has a very effective recoil system. Much better recoil control than on a Walther P99 .40SW I had shot before. I find the grip safety to be rather unnecessary. It is not needed, just like the chamber loaded indicator. They only add complexity to the design and provide a few more parts that could break.

I think I will pick up one of the OD green 4" XD40's one day as it was a pretty nice gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
However, I hated the trigger safety. It is not as good as the one on the Glock. It bit my finger with every shot. It was almost like  "trigger slap" on a WASR-10.

WoW?  I've put 500 rnds through mine and never had this happen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the XD45LE, GAP, Everything was great about the gun EXCEPT THE SUCKAZZ FINISH.
Mine did the same thing, 2 weeks old, looked like it was sitting on the beach for a year ( well maybe a week). I had to trade it on a Glock , Never happier, even though it is a 40.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I shot the a 9mm springfield xd and .40 springfield xd.  I shot atleast 30-50 rounds in each.

I didn't even notice the trigger safety.  The gun was comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
i just bought an xd-9 subcompact myself,and the finish is already wearing off the barrel,but oh well. i don't mind the weathered look,as long as it's not rusting on me
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I shot the a 9mm springfield xd and .40 springfield xd.  I shot atleast 30-50 rounds in each.

I didn't even notice the trigger safety.  The gun was comfortable.

Yeah, dont really notice either safety with the xd.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I also love my XD .40 tac, I've had the same finish problems. The bright side is, after the first bit of wear, it seems to get as bad as it's going to get. 500 rounds later and mine looks the same as 50.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And the damn finish is allready starting to wear off of the barrel hood!I havnt shot it yet,have only racked the slide back a few dozen times,but I think the barrel will be in the white after a few hundred rounds.Love the way it points,decent trigger and sights,and I think it looks sharp with the OD green frame and black slide.Also looking forward to being able to reload .40 with lead bullets again,never did get around to getting an after market barrel for my glock 22 to be able to do that.I cant wait for my broken hand to heal up enough to go shoot the thing

I have several thousand rounds through my XDs. Thebarrel hood does show a little wear, but it doesn't really get any worse after the first few hundred rounds, and doesn't affect function in the least.

I ended up with a Tactical in OD too. It wasn't my first choice, but I got too good a price on it to pass it up. The OD has really grown on me, and I love it now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top