Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 7:32:54 AM EDT
I live in Macon about 4 blocks from where this happened. It's all over the news here.  

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/crime_courts/12682578.htm

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you lawyer monkeys trying to do to my good name?!??

Looks like a righteous shoot to me.  

Made link hot for ya.

www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/local/crime_courts/12682578.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
From the article:

On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said.

Let the judgment begin.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope that all goes well for Frederick Taylor. Frankly, I think that more law abiding citizens should own and learn to use guns just for this very reason. We as citizens of these United States of America have a right to defend ourselves and our homes at all costs. Should anyone ever enter my home without my permission, they will find themselves staring down the barrel of a .45 ACP Glock 30. There is no pleasure in shooting somebody or taking someone's life, but sometimes it is necessary. We are, afterall, guaranteed the rights to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness", not to mention to "Keep and Bear Arms". The criminals should remember this the next time they think about entering someone's home uninvited.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From the article:

On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said.

Let the judgment begin.

Well the meeting has been arranged.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Great news!  These stories just warm my heart.  Just think how much money that one bullet saved for our court system, insurance companies, homeowners, etc.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I can not believe they are even thinking of pressing charges. What a joke. When someone breaks into a house and gets shot that is their problem. There would have to be a WHOLE LOT more to the story for me ton convict the the guy for shooting an intruder. If the intruder was tied up and shot in the head excecution style I MIGHT think about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Justice is probably served.

However , he did make a tactical error by seeking out the intruder when no one was
immediately threatened with bodily harm.

If there had been more than 1 intruder - or the intruder got the drop on him first - it could have ended very badly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Text of the article (with commentary, of course! )

Man shot dead in Macon home invasion

By Bill Passonno and Ayanna McPhail

TELEGRAPH STAFF WRITERS

A Mercer law student shot and killed a still-unidentified intruder who broke into his Walnut Street home early Sunday, Macon police said.

The incident, which police said was the city's first burglary-shooting death of the year, occurred on the 1000 block of Walnut Street.

The intruder smashed a downstairs locked window, said Macon Sgt. Cornelius Pendleton, and police believe he intended to burglarize the home. Police received a 911 call reporting the break-in about 12:12 a.m.

Frederick Taylor, 21, and his companion, 22-year-old Adrienne Warren, were in the upstairs bedroom when they heard glass break, police said. Warren stayed upstairs and called 911, while Taylor went downstairs. He saw the intruder at the bottom of the steps, Pendleton said. companion... nice way to put it

Taylor shot and killed the intruder about four minutes after the initial 911 call came in, said Melanie Hofmann, Macon police public information officer. She said the intruder was shot in the upper torso and pronounced dead at the scene. good aim, Mr. Taylor. Saved us the cost of a trial and prison.

The Bibb County District Attorney's office will determine whether Taylor will face charges, Hofmann said.

Nicki Frady, 20, a Mercer junior, lives across the street from the shooting scene. She said she didn't hear anything, but saw some police lights and walked onto her porch. Ohhh, I'm impressed. The reporter found a witness who could confirm that the police were there. How about something I really want to know - is she hot? Is that why the reporter talked to her?

"It's pretty terrifying, it could have easily been us. The person could have easily walked this way," she said. "Around here, you have to be careful. It seems like a nice neighborhood, but in Macon, one street is different from the other." Get a gun, then you don't have to be as terrified. Wake up - there are evil people in the world.

The burglar had no identification on him and has not been identified, officials said. I llike the fact that the media doesn't refer to the burglar as "The VICTIM"

Bibb County coroner Leon Jones said the intruder is was a black male about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. He has several tattoos: On his right arm, a "Hell 4 a Hustler" tattoo and under that, a heart with the name "Susie." On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said. My guess is that when Tattoo #4 actually comes to fruition, that God will direct said burglar to refer to Tattoo #1

Anyone with information about the intruder's identity should call the Bibb County coroner's officer at 621-6314.If they don't identify him, let me be the first to suggest this name for the death certificate: "Dead F. Burglar." The story reads better without the guy's name, anyway.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

However , he did make a tactical error by seeking out the intruder when no one was

If there had been more than 1 intruder - or the intruder got the drop on him first - it could have ended very badly.

Probably heard the breaking glass and not much more. Shot at the base of the stairs four minutes after 911 call. Burglar had some time to move around the lower level first. Looks like Taylor took up a defensive position ON the stairs to protect himself and Warren, and only fired when the burglar chose to advance up to the bedrooms. The scenario is as good as you could wish for in your home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Text of the article (with commentary, of course! )

Bibb County coroner Leon Jones said the intruder is was a black male about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 150 pounds. He has several tattoos: On his right arm, a "Hell 4 a Hustler" tattoo and under that, a heart with the name "Susie." On the left arm is the name "April" and a tattoo that says, "Only God Can Judge Me" with a cross, Jones said. My guess is that when Tattoo #4 actually comes to fruition, that God will direct said burglar to refer to Tattoo #1

+1...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably heard the breaking glass and not much more. Shot at the base of the stairs four minutes after 911 call. Burglar had some time to move around the lower level first. Looks like Taylor took up a defensive position ON the stairs to protect himself and Warren, and only fired when the burglar chose to advance up to the bedrooms. The scenario is as good as you could wish for in your home.

I'm gonna agree with your interpretation.  Sounds like he took a defensive position at the top of the stairs with is tactically sound since the stairs are a bottle neck and the only way to get to his position.  A very defensable position if you ask me.  You've got elevation and a nice long death funnel to defend.

If he was on the stairs then being on the stairs was the error since being IN the death funnel is bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can not believe they are even thinking of pressing charges. What a joke. When someone breaks into a house and gets shot that is their problem. There would have to be a WHOLE LOT more to the story for me ton convict the the guy for shooting an intruder. If the intruder was tied up and shot in the head excecution style I MIGHT think about it.

Not even then as far as I'm concerned. In my opinion (and I know the law does not back me up here) as soon as a person unlawfully enters a private home, he looses any rights he may have had when he crossed the threshold.

I don't care what the home owner does to him.. booby traps, bear pit...hell as far as I'm concerned he can pull a "pawn shop from Pulp Fiction" on the SOB. I really don't care and wouldn't have once ounce of sympathy for the intruder. I'll bet you anything that if the law was written that way, there would be a LOT less burglaries
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
1 less bottom feeder wasting oxygen.
Give the kid a pat on the back and a free box of ammo for a job well done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top