Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:02:30 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=29&t=20324

Guys I need a hand here....

Have a thread over in Hk where newbe has helped me out a bunch but I was hoping to get a second opinion.

short version:
has anybody here purchased a .45 tactical Hk recently that came with 2 magazines, 12 rds, and marked Hk on the floor plate?

I dropped a grand on a new pistol that came with 2 mags and then bought 3 extra mags for 50 bucks a piece.  I had the concern about the 3 extra mags off the shelf as the wrapper said "Hk" but the mags did not.  I carried them back to the counter and took a mag out of the pistol I was buying and  looked at the dick behind the counter - he said "they must be Hk as they match the 2 that are coming with the gun.,,,,"

Then newbe advises me otherwise and I am going to go god damned bananas if in fact I got ripped off.......

Big gun shop in NC which will remain nameless for now.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They should be marked HK on the bottom
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Armalite - thats what I'm learning.

Do you actually have or have the 12 rd mags that I am describing?  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#3]
On the left side near the base of the mag it should have HK .45 stamped in the metal.
My SOCOM mags have HK .45 marked on the bottom of the bases too.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
SamColt  do you think that dealer could have sold you ProMag HK 45 aftermaket mags in a HK wrapper? When I bought my used HK USP it came with one HK marked 12 round mag, and one 12 round ProMag.

The ProMag sells for $22 to 25 dollars, and is fine for the range. But a ProMag is never as good as a HK factory mag.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have many HK .45 12 round mags that do not have "HK" on the body, and some I think that do not have it on the floor plate, but I know for a fact they are all HKs.  HK has a lot of different floor plate designs as well as body stampings so don't let the lack of some markings on some mags or floor plates throw you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
uzi - that's precisely what I thought.  And not for nothing - I am going to shoot this thing and use it - short of abusing it.  I bought it to be used and DO NOT care about the lack of an Hk logo for safe queen "value" or what have you - I just want what i pay for - quality equipment......

Everybody - thanks so much for the input - all very helpful.  

Bigbore - thank you sir - the mags actually appear to be decent quality and I cant find any aftermarket mags that look them (jig saw weld etc)---- so I trust your call on this one - and I will post the reply from Hk when it comes back.  Sent them an email today - maybe next week sometime.

I also asked them about the info I got that Hk actually ships their pistols with 3 mags not 2....But that would be a different thread i suppose....

y'all enjoy your labor day
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have many HK .45 12 round mags that do not have "HK" on the body, and some I think that do not have it on the floor plate, but I know for a fact they are all HKs.  HK has a lot of different floor plate designs as well as body stampings so don't let the lack of some markings on some mags or floor plates throw you.

You just dropped my blood pressure by about 20 points as I just spent over $125 on 4 mags at the last gun show for 12rd H&K .45acp mags & they had H&K only on the floorplate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top