Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2022 6:29:12 PM EDT
I was hoping to do a full review of my new Compact 10mm; however, the trip to the range was cut short after the first box(50 rounds) of Underwood 180gr fmj.  I stopped short of hollow points and cast bullets due to the issues presented.

50 total rounds fired:

16 rounds failed to feed
6 rounds failed to fire, light strikes observed
2 rounds failed to fire, no strikes at all
2 occasions dead trigger

52% Failure rate!!  WTF!

Additionally,  the gritty trigger is absolutely the worst I've felt, bar none.

I called S&W CS but got hung up on after waiting 15 minutes.  Luckily for them (most intentionally) it was exactly 5pm; so upon callback they were closed!

The FFL will be sending this back to S&W for me since losing over $200 on a used return for two hours of ownership isn't super attractive...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Shame. I have high hopes for the 10mm. Hopefully it’s a lemon.

Any plans to try another one?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I'm not buying any factory ammo right now. I'm reading about manufacturing quality control generally going downhill across various sectors during the covid period and it's going to be a while until things are reliable again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to here that. I've been really happy with mine. There does seem to be QA issues with everything these days though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I suspect you got a bad one but S&W the one time I had to send something back took care of the issue.  I have a 686 SSR that the crown looked like it has slag leftover from when they drilled the bore and rifling.  I was shooting it and could not get it to shoot even a bad group it would shoot large NY pizza size groups.  They recrowned the barrel and sent it back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you try any other brand/type of ammo?  

Did you take it apart and inspect it?

Deep clean it?  

Examine the feed ramp for something wrong?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sportsman's Warehouse had them to order online and pick up in the store, but the sales tax queered the deal* and I aborted.  Sportsman's sent me a coupon code for 10% off but when I tried it it said it wasn't for firearms.  Go figure.

It's disappointing to hear the gun doesn't run, and it really sucks you had to waste that ammo to find out.  The gritty triggers seems to be  common complaint but the other stuff is not common from the limited reviews I've read.  Call S&W and see what they have to say for themselves- I bet they try to make it right.  Light and no primer strikes tells me there's something really wrong there.

* I used this phrase, "queered the deal" on another gun forum and got a warning for offensive language  Yes, some complete no-man-card pussy punk reported me to the mods because he was offended.  Since when that phrase have anything whatsoever to do with gaiety?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is why I'm not buying any factory ammo right now. I'm reading about manufacturing quality control generally going downhill across various sectors during the covid period and it's going to be a while until things are reliable again.
View Quote
I've been buying ammo and shooting all through COVID and I've not run into any QC issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sportsman's Warehouse had them to order online and pick up in the store, but the sales tax queered the deal* and I aborted.  Sportsman's sent me a coupon code for 10% off but when I tried it it said it wasn't for firearms.  Go figure.

It's disappointing to hear the gun doesn't run, and it really sucks you had to waste that ammo to find out.  The gritty triggers seems to be  common complaint but the other stuff is not common from the limited reviews I've read.  Call S&W and see what they have to say for themselves- I bet they try to make it right.  Light and no primer strikes tells me there's something really wrong there.

* I used this phrase, "queered the deal" on another gun forum and got a warning for offensive language  Yes, some complete no-man-card pussy punk reported me to the mods because he was offended.  Since when that phrase have anything whatsoever to do with gaiety?
View Quote

No comment on the gun, but I never heard that phrase.   You from England or something?  Suck a fag on your smoke break?

Edit: not trying for a snide GD response, just stating that your phrase may not be as common as you think.

With maybe a touch of humor at the end.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Just to answer a few questions...

Yes, I inspected the pistol before and after shooting, as the feed ramp was perfect, and all was lubricated.  Regarding the ammo, I stopped after the FMJ failed which was produced in 2018.  I had no intention of burning through more expensive rounds.  

After reviewing some Youtube videos (Turkeys Opinion, and a few others) I am seeing that the compact model is experiencing failures not observed in the 4.6".  I decided on the 4" due to already having a g40, g20, g27, SA XD elite 3.8 and two 1911's Colt & RI.  I've only had issues with feeding on the Glock 20 and solved it with a 22# RSA.   I suspect a heavier spring may be needed in the S&W, but the trigger issues are another story.  I suspect the gritty trigger will break in but light strikes are an issue.  A dead trigger is an even bigger issue.  I have seen this before on my S&W bodyguard that I very briefly owned and sold after it came back from warranty repair with unresolved issues with light strikes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I should really buy another G20gen4

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The FFL will be sending this back to S&W for me since losing over $200 on a used return for two hours of ownership isn't super attractive...
View Quote

Sad to hear of the the troubles.  But, you may have tried another brand ammo.  It can suspect.
No one takes ownership unless it is self serving.  The dealer is the not the warranty provider.  
In my experience with S&W they get return label to right quick....
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just to answer a few questions...

Yes, I inspected the pistol before and after shooting, as the feed ramp was perfect, and all was lubricated.  Regarding the ammo, I stopped after the FMJ failed which was produced in 2018.  I had no intention of burning through more expensive rounds.  

After reviewing some Youtube videos (Turkeys Opinion, and a few others) I am seeing that the compact model is experiencing failures not observed in the 4.6".  I decided on the 4" due to already having a g40, g20, g27, SA XD elite 3.8 and two 1911's Colt & RI.  I've only had issues with feeding on the Glock 20 and solved it with a 22# RSA.   I suspect a heavier spring may be needed in the S&W, but the trigger issues are another story.  I suspect the gritty trigger will break in but light strikes are an issue.  A dead trigger is an even bigger issue.  I have seen this before on my S&W bodyguard that I very briefly owned and sold after it came back from warranty repair with unresolved issues with light strikes.
View Quote

It sounds like you had two separate issues going on at the same time.

#1 is problems feeding, most likely due to the recoil spring and probably fixable by moving to a heavier spring

#2 is the dead trigger and light strikes.  Something is wrong with the FCG in this pistol.  

Hopefully S&W addresses the issues with this pistol promptly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF? ...... Where’s the proof that what the OP described is an ammo issue?

What he’s described is a GUN issue/s.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
A good reason not to buy the first year production of anything that's not cheap and disposable, especially in an era when many things are made in a place where they sell poisoned baby food for domestic consumption and standardization is non-existent, even in "US company" products made over there.  I know, S&W's are made right here, but it's still a new design and you'll be doing the long term testing for the company.  Happens in more than just vehicles.

I hope it gets sorted in a timely manner!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
As they say in aviation, never fly the A model of anything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#16]
All my 10mm ammo is pre-covid by several years.
First thing i did when i picked up my 4.6" 10mm was swap in a 24 lb spring.
Partially cycled the trigger a whole lot as most of the grit comes from the plunger in the slide.
No hiccups at all and shoots quality ammo like a laser.
I did have one brand with plated bullets that grouped like a shotgun but that's not the gun.

Sorry your experience has not been as good as mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All my 10mm ammo is pre-covid by several years.
First thing i did when i picked up my 4.6" 10mm was swap in a 24 lb spring.
Partially cycled the trigger a whole lot as most of the grit comes from the plunger in the slide.
No hiccups at all and shoots quality ammo like a laser.
I did have one brand with plated bullets that grouped like a shotgun but that's not the gun.
View Quote

Having read numerous threads by new 10mm M&P owners on various gun boards, it seems like it’s the compact 4’ model that’s exhibiting the malfs and hiccups, and less so with the 4.6” model.

I wanted to pick up the 4” gun, but will likely grab the 4.6”/no-safety gun instead. Then re-spring it as you did.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

WTF? ...... Where's the proof that what the OP described is an ammo issue?

What he's described is a GUN issue/s.
View Quote
His is a gun issue. For my comment various forums have been littered with factory ammo having squibs or case ruptures during covid season, including CCI's Blazer brand which was my go to.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I think a 24# recoil spring assembly in the 4.6" would be optimal (as long as there are no additional trigger issues).    I went back to the range today and fired 50 rounds of the same Underwood lot through the XD Elite.  My old spent brass from the Smith was still on the ground.   The ammo was gtg in the XD; however, both pistols launched the brass at 4 O'clock in the same pile at least 25 feet.  Looks like both need a heavier spring.

I'm not really thrilled with S&W lately,  My Bodyguard had light strike issues, My 686 Custom Shop had a canted barrel, and my 629 Talo has light primer strikes.  I kept only the Talo b/c the trigger is super sweet and most likely a trade off for the light strikes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Note to self:  Go back to range and get the 100 brass casings of once fired starline brass lol...
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#21]
you need to try different ammo...  could be a load your gun simply doesn't like.  10mm can be ammo fussy.  There is a reason Glock relieves the chamber so much on their 10mm guns.

Surprised your trigger sucks though, my 45 M2.0 has a great pull and break.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]
My 4.6" has run 100% so far right out of the box, and my trigger is good enough that I don't feel the need to change anything about it (this is rare for me lol).  All I did was bolt an SRO to it and shoot it.  I do have some heavier recoil springs ready to swap in just to slow the slide down a little, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it with them yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I have shot a little over 700 rounds of my reloads through mine without any hiccups...

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#24]

I'm not really thrilled with S&W lately,  My Bodyguard had light strike issues, My 686 Custom Shop had a canted barrel, and my 629 Talo has light primer strikes.  I kept only the Talo b/c the trigger is super sweet and most likely a trade off for the light strikes.
View Quote

My brother had his M&P 2.0 back to S&W 3x for a plethora of issues.  Wonder if the move from mAss to TN has their employees doing less than stellar work?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Bummer, this was going to be my first 10mm. I think I hold off or never buy one.
The only semi auto S&Ws I own are an old 659 and 2206. I think I'll keep it that way.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bummer, this was going to be my first 10mm. I think I hold off or never buy one.
The only semi auto S&Ws I own are an old 659 and 2206. I think I'll keep it that way.
View Quote

I’d point out this is a sample size of one gun.  

A lot of owners are reporting a change in recoil spring is an improvement, and for some this is needed to run certain ammo.

Considering the wide range in power between “bulk” 10mm and “real” 10mm, I think being willing to tinker with recoil spring weight is almost a given.

It’s also pretty well understood the usual causes of a “dead trigger” in an M&P.  Smith made changes to the sear housing block early in the 1.0 days due to a design flaw.  However, I suspect a manufacturing defect in OP’s sear housing block is the culprit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A lot of owners are reporting a change in recoil firing is an improvement, and for some this is needed to run certain ammo.

Considering the wide range in power between “bulk” 10mm snd “real” 10mm, I think being willing to tinker with recoil spring weight is almost a given.

It’s also pretty well understood the usual causes of a “dead trigger” in an M&P.  Smith made changes to the sear housing block early in the 1.0 days due to a design flaw.  However, I suspect a manufacturing defect in OP’s sear housing block is the culprit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of owners are reporting a change in recoil firing is an improvement, and for some this is needed to run certain ammo.

Considering the wide range in power between “bulk” 10mm snd “real” 10mm, I think being willing to tinker with recoil spring weight is almost a given.

I was about to post the same thing. The vast majority of owners are not having any issues at all and as stated, this is a sample size of one. My 4.6 has been totally reliable with nothing but full power 10mm hand loads through the gun. When you are mass producing an item, sometimes a bad one gets out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I spoke to S&W customer service and they received the pistol back from my FFL.  They stated it would be approximately 6 to 8 weeks until they complete warranty repair.  They also stated that they have no reported issues with the new 10mm; nor, is there any recall or service bulletin.  I suppose the nearly dozen videos on YouTube documenting failures are invisible to S&W.  I had hoped that the failures were limited to the 4" model but i am seeing numerous videos with issues from the 4.6" as well.

It's a shame that the consumer needs to be the testing mechanism as well as quality control for a new firearm.  I have waited several years for Smith & Wesson to release a solid, reliable, and great performing 10mm option.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I have put about 220 rounds through my 4.6" M&P 10mm so far with no issues at all.  Still has the factory recoil spring.  Was about 180 rounds of MagTech 180gr FMJs and 40 rounds of Buffalo Bore 220gr cast lead.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I spoke to S&W customer service and they received the pistol back from my FFL.  They stated it would be approximately 6 to 8 weeks until they complete warranty repair.  They also stated that they have no reported issues with the new 10mm; nor, is there any recall or service bulletin.  I suppose the nearly dozen videos on YouTube documenting failures are invisible to S&W.  I had hoped that the failures were limited to the 4" model but i am seeing numerous videos with issues from the 4.6" as well.

It's a shame that the consumer needs to be the testing mechanism as well as quality control for a new firearm.  I have waited several years for Smith & Wesson to release a solid, reliable, and great performing 10mm option.
View Quote

Can you post up some links to the videos?  As a planned adopter, I'm pretty interested to see what issues may be associated with the 4.6"?  The only issues I've seen in any videos are related to feeding, usually with the 4", and I've seen a video where the optic broke free.  In the case of the Holosun breakage, the shooter was pretty clear he was not familiar with optics, and assumed he head installed correctly but couldn't be certain.

In all the videos I've seen, problems with the gun are associated with feeding.  This is always with new guns running the factory recoil spring.  Also, with some of the YouTube shooters, watching them shoot it appears from some of their practices they have had little proper training/coaching.  When I see people shooting on camera who use a poor shooting stance or fail to maintain a proper grip, it makes me thing that while they are a firearms enthusiast, they are not a firearms student.  Just something I weigh in when evaluating how much faith to put into any particular source of information.

I think your gun, with the dead trigger, has had the first true "failure" I've heard of.  And I agree it's a big problem.  

Ultimately, if someone is having feeding issues, they need to try a different recoil spring.  I think for some shooters who come from the world of the modern, 9mm striker fired pistol this may seem like an anathema.  They are used to guns that run 100% out of the box from day 1 with zero tinkering needed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can you post up some links to the videos?  As a planned adopter, I'm pretty interested to see what issues may be associated with the 4.6"?  The only issues I've seen in any videos are related to feeding, usually with the 4", and I've seen a video where the optic broke free.  In the case of the Holosun breakage, the shooter was pretty clear he was not familiar with optics, and assumed he head installed correctly but couldn't be certain.

In all the videos I've seen, problems with the gun are associated with feeding.  This is always with new guns running the factory recoil spring.  Also, with some of the YouTube shooters, watching them shoot it appears from some of their practices they have had little proper training/coaching.  When I see people shooting on camera who use a poor shooting stance or fail to maintain a proper grip, it makes me thing that while they are a firearms enthusiast, they are not a firearms student.  Just something I weigh in when evaluating how much faith to put into any particular source of information.

I think your gun, with the dead trigger, has had the first true "failure" I've heard of.  And I agree it's a big problem.  

Ultimately, if someone is having feeding issues, they need to try a different recoil spring.  I think for some shooters who come from the world of the modern, 9mm striker fired pistol this may seem like an anathema.  They are used to guns that run 100% out of the box from day 1 with zero tinkering needed.
View Quote

I haven't really seen any videos with feeding issues on this gun (the 4.6") other than one where the guy's handloads wouldn't feed and one where PMC Bronze wouldn't feed...but then, I've seen PMC Bronze having problems in a lot of guns.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me fix the post:

The new S&W M&P 10mm is a great pistol!  The trigger is awesome, no gritty feel, no shitty take up, very audible and tactile reset.  The pistol has NO reliability issues whatsoever.  It shoots everything.  You will experience no failures to feed, no failures to fire, and a dead trigger is a thing of the past with this gem.  S&W PERFECTED the 10mm with this hot set-up.  Go out and buy the Compact or Full size; or, better yet get both.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Let me fix the post:

The new S&W M&P 10mm is a great pistol!  The trigger is awesome, no gritty feel, no shitty take up, very audible and tactile reset.  The pistol has NO reliability issues whatsoever.  It shoots everything.  You will experience no failures to feed, no failures to fire, and a dead trigger is a thing of the past with this gem.  S&W PERFECTED the 10mm with this hot set-up.  Go out and buy the Compact or Full size; or, better yet get both.
View Quote

I have no idea why your making this response.  This is a tech forum, not GD.  

I’m interested in discussing the S&W handgun in an objective manner.  

The internet seems to be headed as a place where things are only discussed in one of two extremes - either it’s the best thing ever or the first thing ever.  No objective  assessment of good or bad.  

You got a lemon.  I don’t think anyone is disagreeing.  But the only issue being reported is sone guns have problems feeding certain ammo.  We have multiple posters on this board who either have zero issues as-is or after a recoil spring change.  

There can’t be two realities where this design is complete junk and guns are reporting multitudes of issues but simultaneously we have well respected posters on this forum reporting no problems..  

it cannot be both.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let me fix the post:

View Quote

You need to chill, bud.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The internet seems to be headed as a place where things are only discussed in one of two extremes - either it’s the best thing ever or the first thing ever.  No objective  assessment of good or bad.  

You got a lemon.  I don’t think anyone is disagreeing.  But the only issue being reported is sone guns have problems feeding certain ammo.  We have multiple posters on this board who either have zero issues as-is or after a recoil spring change.  

There can’t be two realities where this design is complete junk and guns are reporting multitudes of issues but simultaneously we have well respected posters on this forum reporting no problems..  

it cannot be both.
View Quote

Sorry,  just not happy with the pistol or the CS.
The accuracy and ergos were really great but they need to do a bit of testing before rushing a "new" design...
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The accuracy and ergos were really great but they need to do a bit of testing before rushing a "new" design...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it cannot be both.

It's happening a lot lately, particularly since 2020.  QC has gone to hell.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I spoke with Customer Service at Smith today.   8 to 10 weeks for warranty repair.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Honestly your issues OP are why I have steered clear of S&W for the past 5 years or so (except for their revolvers) as I have owned 2 in recent years and had issues with the fit and finish in both which led to malfunctions.  Both were traded in for other brands.  Hope you get one that works this time round.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I just got off the phone with CS at S&W, my pistol was sent to shipping.   Unfortunately, the warranty services include only a polishing of the barrel and feed ramp and a test firing.  Wow!   Even if I mod the RSA for hotter ammo the trigger issues will make it unusable.  Perhaps an Apex trigger group when they become available.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#40]
For the trigger:
-Pull the fitting pin block plunger (from under the sight plate)
-Check for burrs in the hole
-(Gently) chuck the plunger in a drill and polish the dome
-Polish the plunger engagement ramp on the trigger bar (top and edges).

This should greatly reduce the gritty pull.
It's still got a very long take-up, It would take an Apex FSS to adequately address that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just got off the phone with CS at S&W, my pistol was sent to shipping.   Unfortunately, the warranty services include only a polishing of the barrel and feed ramp and a test firing.  Wow!   Even if I mod the RSA for hotter ammo the trigger issues will make it unusable.  Perhaps an Apex trigger group when they become available.
View Quote

Did they fix the dead trigger?  If they test fired it I’m assuming they fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did they fix the dead trigger?  If they test fired it I’m assuming they fixed it.
View Quote

I'm betting the trigger is untouched; or they would have listed a new FCG.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something.  Usually a “dead” trigger is used to describe a trigger that doesn’t work, so the gun cannot be fired.

If the gun can be test fired, then the trigger can’t be dead, at least according to my understanding.  Just trying to understand what was going wrong.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something.  Usually a “dead” trigger is used to describe a trigger that doesn’t work, so the gun cannot be fired.

If the gun can be test fired, then the trigger can’t be dead, at least according to my understanding.  Just trying to understand what was going wrong.
View Quote

More specifically, It has an intermittent dead trigger.  On two occasions within the first 50 rounds, it had a dead trigger.   Additionally, there were 6 total light strikes.  Finally, there were 2 rounds with no strikes.  Subjectively,  I felt the pistol had a shitty, gritty trigger with objective deficiencies.  

A fluff n buff won't cut it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

More specifically, It has an intermittent dead trigger.  On two occasions within the first 50 rounds, it had a dead trigger.   Additionally, there were 6 total light strikes.  Finally, there were 2 rounds with no strikes.  Subjectively,  I felt the pistol had a shitty, gritty trigger with objective deficiencies.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Polishing feed ramps isn’t the answer to those trigger issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey guys I have a crazy idea. SEND IT BACK TO S&W.

I work at an FFL and see this too often. People will have an issue with a SW, Ruger, Glock, etc., and fuck their gun up to the point where the manufacturer will not touch it, or best case, charge you to put all factory parts back in.

OP, this should be your first step. While fixing your gun's problems may be cool, possibly even an ego boost, the last thing you want to do is void a warranty. S&W's CS is one of the best, and they will take care of you. Worst case scenario, they tell you that you are imagining the issues. Then from there, you could start playing around with things, but only after they give you their opinion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I work at an FFL and see this too often. People will have an issue with a SW, Ruger, Glock, etc., and fuck their gun up to the point where the manufacturer will not touch it, or best case, charge you to put all factory parts back in.

OP, this should be your first step. While fixing your gun's problems may be cool, possibly even an ego boost, the last thing you want to do is void a warranty. S&W's CS is one of the best, and they will take care of you. Worst case scenario, they tell you that you are imagining the issues. Then from there, you could start playing around with things, but only after they give you their opinion.
View Quote

Unless I am mistaken, he already sent it to S&W.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell me you didn't read the whole thread without telling me you didn't read the whole thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you read carefully or at ALL, you will see that the pistol was returned to the FFL and was sent back to S&W a month ago.  S&W customer service is not "one of the best", It is currently absolutely horrible.  My recent emails have not been answered by the director of customer service, who I will not name her publicly.  The discussion in this thread is now addressing the shortcomings of the piss poor warranty work completed by S&W since the pistol is ready to ship back with deficiencies.  My intention of the Emails was to alert CS of the unaddressed service still needed.  As a side note,  I can fix all of the aforementioned issues w/o a need to boost my ego.   Several members have suggested viable options to "FIX" what Smith failed to address.

Furthermore,  I haven't had the opportunity to verify a few other potential flaws/issues such as the potential for an out of battery firing or the potential for an optic shearing the mounting screws.   Perhaps the techs at Smith will come up with a fix to boost their ego as well as quality control.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Just an update,  Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I returned the firearm back to the dealer at a significant loss.  If anyone noticed, Yankee Marshal posted a new S&W video last night on YouTube.   Although I find him sometimes annoying;  He is spot on this time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top