Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2021 10:34:52 PM EDT
Howdy. Occasionally I carry a CW380 when I absolutely can't carry something bigger. I have left the magazines loaded for about two years now and I want to replace the springs. I notice when I load the magazines that sometimes the last few rounds tend to take a more nose down position. This happened even when the gun was new and I had not had the magazines loaded for an extended period. I'm concerned that this is going to cause a problem at some point.

So the question is, is there a better spring to use? I was never happy with the spring tension from the get-go. Seems weak to push even that small stack up sometimes. Wolff doesn't seem to make one or any other aftermarket company that I can find. What about using a spring for the 7 round magazine in the 6 round magazine? Or what about using the mag guts replacement parts and not necessarily loading an extra round?

Just looking for as close to absolute reliability as I can get.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
MagGuts makes a +1 spring/follower combo for the CW380 mags, I've used them in numerous 9mm/.380 mags with complete reliability.
You could always install one of their +1 kits then download by one to retain factory capacity with less long-term spring compression.
MagGuts Kahr .380 Kits

Tomac
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If there is no Wolff option, then I think you are stuck with factory.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely Mag guts. While breaking in my P380 they were more reliable than the factory springs/follower, and were doing great until I ran out of 380. I think the follower design is much better and keeps the rounds pointed properly better than the original. Not to mention another usable round.
Top Top