Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:13:27 PM EDT
Anyone use one of these? thinking about getting it for my Glock 27 .40 cal subcompact

Sprinco
Recoil Reducer M/26,27,33,39
Sprinco Recoil Reducers make a significant difference in recoil by decelerating the reward slide speed with the secondary spring just prior to frame impact. The graduated sub-spring is engineered and critically positioned in each model to ensure normal cycling and reliability. This is an effective no frills, no gimmick approach to recoil reduction. Installation is as easy as installing your stock guide rod system. No modification is necessary to enjoy significant reductions in muzzle flip, perceived (felt) recoil, and physical measured recoil! The system improves your shooting with faster follow up shots and control of your rapid fire shot strings. Benefits include: LIFETIME WARRANTY Reduces Muzzle Flip Protects Your Firearm Faster Sight Acquisition IPSC & IDPA Legal Heat Treated Stainless Steel Reduce Felt & Physical Recoil Drop in System - No Modification

LaserMax
M/26,27,33
LaserMax is the leading manufacturer of laser gunsights for law enforcement and the shooting sports community. The LaserMax is the prime choice for law enforcement and special operations and firearms training, as well as home defense, target shooting and hunting. The LaserMax is universally acknowledged as the top laser sight for quality and reliability. Installation Takes 5 Minutes - no gunsmithing required! Almost instantly you'll have a laser-sighted weapon which can be used outdoors from dusk till dawn, or indoors round-the-clock. Drops into place (replaces original recoil spring guide). Unit cannot be knocked out of alignment, deliberate on/off activation. Made in U.S.A. Three-year warranty (excludes expendable parts). Additional Features: Laser Operating Temperature is 15 - 120F Wavelength: 635nm (red-orange) Power Output: 3mW (brightest available - pulsates for highest visibility)

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the Springco on my 1911's and experimented with them for a while but gave up because it made the action feel very rough.  When I mean rough, I would cycle the slide back and forth and the multiple springs within the guide rod system were slightly binding making the action very rough.  When I fired the gun, it made the gun feel "spongy", I guess that's the best way to explain it.  I finally abandoned this setup and went with a one-piece, tungsten system that seemed to work out the best for me.  I matched the load of the gun to the power factor that I needed and the recoil spring to make my 1911 a pretty soft shooting setup.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used the recoil reducer because here lately all my Glocks are chambered in 9mm and, well, recoil is a non-issue...in other calibers I could see it could be useful.

Back when I had a G22 I did have a Lasermax guide rod laser like in the bottom picture. For me, it was a novelty item, a gee-whiz sorta thing. I'd say it's not worth it unless the price has come down in the last 5 years since I had one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info,

dullh, was the laser light visable during daylight or was it hard to see?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Just my opinion, but I think those recoil reducers are a waste of time and money.   I've tried them in 1911s and Glocks.  The claims made by the manufacturers about recoil reduction are exagerated, to say the least.  I've shot several 1911s with them, and my split times did not drop to any measurable degree.  Subjectively, I noticed a little elss recoil, but my times didn't seem affected very much.

The LaserMax units are very well made.  I'm not a fan of lasers, but I've used the LaserMax unit, and it has some real benefit in certain scenarios.  I would not rely on it to make up for a lack of shooting skill, but it's a nice aid in certain situations.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Haven't tried the recoil reducer, but I do have a Lasermax for my Glock 19.  This thing is really not worth the $300 I paid for it.  You can't see it during the day and it pulsates which I find annoying.  

Like dullh said, it's more of a novelty item.  Take the $300 and treat yourself to another gun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Sprinco device on my EAA Witness 10mm.....I've fired my gun with and without it and the recoil is mitigated a bit with the Sprinco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top