Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 3:45:53 PM EDT
Anybody own and put a lot of rounds through these Phillipine-made revolvers?

Any good, bad, or ugly experiences to tell?

The  YouTube reviewers seem to love these, but has anyone regretted buying one due to inadequate quality or accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I also want to know, I have some money to blow and would love to try one out
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They're just different enough to be annoying.  Not a ton of aftermarket options for working on them and customizing them and even swapping out grips.

I've heard mostly good things about them, the M200 and the M206.  You can find a couple videos and reports from unhappy buyers, but mostly people say they work.
For not much more, you can find a new or used something else with better aftermarket support and in 357.

New S&W bodyguards going for $340 left and right on gunbroker, and the model 10 (4" barrel) going for $380.  So its not that the RIA wheelguns are terrible, its just that you can get something a lot better for not much more cost.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a thread in the revolvers section about them. General consensus was they ain't pretty or refined in terms of machining/finish, but they work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Was interested in one for trying .38, but function issues and such that people talked about made me go for a used model 10-7 instead.

If you can find one in a gun shop, give it a look. I would still have bought one if i could have found one in a brick and mortar shop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an m200. I bought it last December from Dahlonega firearms. They are an in-line retailer. Got it for $160 shipped to my FFL.

It’s a full size 38 special. The finish is fine. It’s not a colt or a smith but the trigger is what I expect it to be. It’s actually short and crisp in single action mode. Double action is smooth and long like they always are. What’s weird is the cylinder lock release. It’s not like a regular revolver. However it was never a deal breaker.

I current have been running semi wad cutter 158gr semi wadcutter hollow point lead nose bullets. Actually that is all I have ran through it. I bought a case cheap from targetsportsUSA.com in January. You cannot run +P at all. It might take a few but I would not chance it.

When I first got it, it was covered in heavy oil and had rust in the barrel and on the cylinder. Dahlonega has a FU policy on everything once you accept it from your FFL. It was so covered in oil that I didn’t thoroughly inspect it until a week later after taking it home. I sent them an email and they kindly told me to get ahold of rock island armory. I called rock island, emailed them pics. They took their sweet time for 3 days so I kept asking them to email me a prepaid label. They approved on the 5th business day. I sent it in and 2 weeks later they sent me a fixed gun!

Overall I’m actually satisfied with the purchase despite all of the hub bub from Dahlonega kindly telling me to FO and Rock Island taking their time. Where else can you get a 6 shot classic 38 special revolver for $160 plus FFL fee. It shoots great and is on target. The trigger is pretty good for what it is and the weight balances out real nice. Shooting standard 158gr bullets is super easy. It feels big but after your shoot and handle it, it’s a lot nicer than the initial looking at it.

I use it as a home defense gun because I know the police will take whatever firearm I shoot the bad guy with. I am not really a shotgun guy so this works for my family. Everyone knows how to comfortably and reliably shoot it with ease and knows how to reload it fast with the included speed loader.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By waynelte:You cannot run +P at all. It might take a few but I would not chance it.
View Quote

What makes you say this?? Their FAQ's state specifically that all their "....guns are +P ammo ready...".
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering a used smith and Wesson model ten is under $300 I don’t see the point. Get a good used smith which will likely last several generations
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ggibbs:

What makes you say this?? Their FAQ's state specifically that all their "....guns are +P ammo ready...".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ggibbs:
Originally Posted By waynelte:You cannot run +P at all. It might take a few but I would not chance it.

What makes you say this?? Their FAQ's state specifically that all their "....guns are +P ammo ready...".

Their site says the following

Yes all of our guns are +p ammo ready, but please use only when necessary.

Like I said. I wouldn’t run many.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By captain127:
Considering a used smith and Wesson model ten is under $300 I don’t see the point. Get a good used smith which will likely last several generations
View Quote

Or you could do what I did and buy a used smith and one of the rock island revolvers?  I wanted both and got both. I actually like the rock island. It’s a good revolver to teach people to shoot with because of the weight and balance. It absorbs felt recoil with its weight but it’s not too heavy. Throw in some standard 158gr lead nose semi wadcutter hollow points and bam you got a good self defense round as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By waynelte:

Their site says the following

Yes all of our guns are +p ammo ready, but please use only when necessary.

Like I said. I wouldn’t run many.
View Quote

Actually you said "You cannot run +P at all."

Not trying to start a pissing contest here, but we all owe it to each other to stick to the facts. Moving on....

I've been eyeing the 200's for some time as I have a real soft spot for utility type working revolvers. But I picked up one of the Model 10 police turn-in's from Classic a few months ago and the things have been multiplying ever since. Still I hope to run across a used 200 someday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top