Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 11:05:49 AM EDT
I am, for the first time in my life, at a point to buy something just "because". I have my battery set up pretty much exactly like I want. Have some play money to get something just to have and am having a hard time deciding what to get. Have narrowed my choices down to these.

Sig P220
Springfield XD .40
Springfield XD Tactical .40
Springfield 1911

Have owned all (except the XD Tac) of the above at one time or another and for various reasons, had to get rid of them. I am finally in a position to have something "just because". Will only be able to get just one. Other than whats listed, any other reasonable ideas?
There are a few other things I would LIKE but they are all WAY out of my price range. Just wanted some outside opinions.

Edited to narrow choices down again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, I think XD's are just cool. Found out that Springfield is bringing the XD out in .45 in October. Think I'll pass on the .40's since .45 is my first love and get the XD 45 when it comes out.
That leaves the P220 and the Springfield 1911.
Had both, loved both.
Hmmmm, which one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Hawk.

I'd wait to check out the XD 45. My HS2000 is more accurate than my SiG2009, so if the 45 is the same, it should shoot with the 220 for half the price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hawk.

I'd wait to check out the XD 45. My HS2000 is more accurate than my SiG2009, so if the 45 is the same, it should shoot with the 220 for half the price.

You have a point. I want another XD and I think I am going to wait on the .45 to come out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I will never purchase a newly designed firearm that has been introduced for sale to U.S. citizens provided that: (A)  such design was introduced with a restricted capacity magazine and (B) the restricted capacity is intended only for those not employed by a law enforcement agency.

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:27:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will never purchase a newly designed firearm that has been introduced for sale to U.S. citizens provided that: (A)  such design was introduced with a restricted capacity magazine and (B) the restricted capacity is intended only for those not employed by a law enforcement agency.

OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top