Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 6:36:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
All hight caps for XD are LEO only,back when it was the HS200 you could take Beretta 92 mags and convert them but I don't know if Springfile has done anything that you keep them from working.
As long as the catch is in the same place it sould still  work.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used the Beretta mags in an XD. The fit is fair. the mag does not fit flush w/ the bottom of the gun, there is a 1/2" gap. from what I hear the S&W mags fit flush. To modify the mag you will have to use a milling machine to cut the mag catch in the front of the mag body. The cut looks sort of like a U that is totally cut out. You will also have to remove some material from the top of the mag to clear the slide stop.

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The best choice seems to be the S&W 59 series mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top