Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 2:18:18 PM EDT
Whenever I get my new carry pistol I will be selling my current one. It is a Springfield Compact SS slide Aluminium Frame. Loaded model with a Wilson Ambi safety. I have the box, all paperwork, original single sided safety, 3 Wilson Mags, 2 Springfield Mags, 3 other mags (unsure of manufacture but they say "Made in Italy". When I sell it what do all of you think its worth? I will probably be selling in about two months or whenever wilson gets off there duff and start making pistols again.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have my 'reference' material at the moment, but take a gander on the 'new' price.  How would you rate yours?  90%?  80%?  Take into account the price of your upgrades and accessories.

I'll have to look at the books to see what they say...(if it's listed).
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
On a trade-in to a dealer it would be lucky to be worth $400. Selling it yourself it would probably fetch $450-500 if it's 98% or better.

Upgrades are worthless for value in trading off a gun. One man's treasure (upgrades) is another's junk.

There's word out that the baby Springfield's are less than perfect in reliability. That may or may not be true but that seems to be the perception. Your LW frame would be a good selling point, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say it is 98% or better. The ones that have the problems are the Micros. This is a compact with the comander slide and the compact frame. Mine has never had a hiccup.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider yourself lucky! I had the Champion (Commander) model for a while to use for my carry piece. Damn thing kept having the nose of the rds hit the slide catch & lock the slide back. Not good for a carry piece. >gg< Needless to say I sold it off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top