Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 11:36:19 AM EDT
I thkink the baretta is butt ugly but I wanted to ask anyone how does it shoot? I just don't get the chopped slide with exposed barrel. I want to be informed so fill me in. Khar, well I don't even know anyone with this firearm. I have read some good reveiws but nothing in personal experience.
If you've owned either give me the pro/cons of both.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It is hard to compare two such different animals. I can not say much about the Khar other than most people I have met that have them like them especialy the ones with a metal fram. The Berettas are fantastic pistols and mine have been smooth, reliable and accurate. I personaly prefer the couger to the 92 but I still love my 92. The only complaints I have about the 92 I have are that I think the double action pull is two stiff but the single is great and I do not like the fron sight being part of the slide instead of being dovetailed. You can fix the stiff double trigger and buy a model with the dovetail front sight also. Parts for the 92 are every where and mags are also. I have had the .45 couger (Great Pistol) and I curently have a stainless .40 couger and it does not recoil as sharp as most .40s. For a carry gun I would go with the Couger because I am just not a micro pistol guy so I am honestly biased. If I just wanted a gun in 9mm for the range or camping or whatever and concealment is not a big issue I would go with a 92 with a dovetailed sight. Kahr is going to be smaller than both of them if that is your main concern. The Vertec also has a lot of fans and would be woth looking at. If I purchased a new one I might even go that route. I have not shot the Vertec but holding them and the Couger I still think I would rather have my Couger and I think it is more comfortable. Just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top