Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 11:46:52 PM EDT
Traded in my barn door accurate 92fs for a HK VP9.
Took it out today and shot approximately 400 rounds threw it.
300 Independence aluminum 115 gr fmj.  Actually clean burning.  CCI blazer really I think.  
A box of +p federal which is filthy stuff.
Some handloads +p territory with a nosler 115 gr hp.
Some handloads way to long for use in my CZ75s.  124gr plated medium/light load.
A couple of 147 gr lead flat nose which was the only thing the 92fs would shoot.  Only 3 just to see.  Polly rifling + lead supposed to be a no no.
5 different magazines.  
Zero malfunctions.  
Along side my Cz sp01 the HK recoiled a bit more.  The center of gavity was a touch higher.  As it should be one is all metal and heavier than the other.  
I was not impressed with the scallop below the trigger on the HK.  It rubbed my trigger finner sore.  
The HK mag release I like.  Trigger isn't bad.    
I need to move the sights over on both of them but  normaly don't bother until around the 500 round mark for beak in.  
Range was 30' hanging steel. 9x13 and 6" plate.  
A new gun, usually I put enough lube on them that I have to clean my glasses.
So just an informal blasting affair on a half way descent day.      
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
300 Independence aluminum 115 gr fmj.  Actually clean burning.  CCI blazer really I think.  
Some handloads way to long for use in my CZ75s.  124gr plated medium/light load.
A couple of 147 gr lead flat nose which was the only thing the 92fs would shoot.  Only 3 just to see.  Polly rifling + lead supposed to be a no no.
5 different magazines.  
Zero malfunctions.  
Along side my Cz sp01 the HK recoiled a bit more.  The center of gavity was a touch higher.  As it should be one is all metal and heavier than the other.  
I was not impressed with the scallop below the trigger on the HK.  It rubbed my trigger finner sore.  
I need to move the sights over on both of them but  normaly don't bother until around the 500 round mark for beak in.  
View Quote

That's strong evidence you have a flinch &/or need to adjust your trigger finger position.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's strong evidence you have a flinch &/or need to adjust your trigger finger position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 different magazines.  
Zero malfunctions.  

This very common for new striker fired people to experiencing shooting left if they are right handed (vis versa if you are left).  Dry fire practice can solve this.  Focus on the front sight that it is not moving when you press the trigger straight to the rear.   If it is moving adjust your trigger finger and repeat till the front sight do not move and you are able to press the trigger straight to the rear.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummm there is that rather irritating sore spot on my trigger finner.  
Could be that's what was going on.  Being as how low left was the pattern.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ummm there is that rather irritating sore spot on my trigger finner.  
Could be that's what was going on.  Being as how low left was the pattern.  

View Quote

The trigger guard rub is my #1 complaint with my P30 too.  No combo of grip panels seems to cure it.  I'd take a Dremel to the inside of the trigger guard like I did my Glock, but someone out there may be willing to take it off my hands first, whenever I get around to listing it on Armslist.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Mighty putty.  
I am thinking of trimming that spot up a bit.  
My concern is that it may really be a pincher after that.  Maybe just taper it a touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top