Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 3:58:29 PM EDT
Gander Mt. Had one in .44mag for $1599 I had never held one before so I asked the guy behind the counter and he let me mess with it. Honestly after all I have heard about their weight, for its size, it didn't feel heavy to me. Again for its size, which kinda made me want it lol. I asked if it was a MK VII or MK VIV. He had no idea and started to say the only MK VIV he knew of was a fully auto, and I stopped him right there since i was sure the next thing out of his mouth was going to be about THE grenade launcher.

Question though, it's roll marks showed it was a magnum research made in USA model. I thought IWI IMI made in Israel were more common? Which generation was this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Place of origin has nothing to do with which Mark number it is.  There are ways to tell the difference visually; https://www.magnumresearch.com/PDF/Distinction_MarkI-XIX.pdf

For that price I would walk away, even at the Magnum Research site it shows MSRP on a 44mag in black at $1,572.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
There's not really any generations per se, only MKI, MkVII or MkXIX models.  Initially they were made in Israel, then US and back to Israel.  In 2010 Kahr purchased Magnum Research so not sure if they are made in the US again or IWI is still manufacturing them in Israel.  There are variations in manufacturing methods.  Latest versions have a picatinny rail on the barrel.

The one you looked at is just a USA made MkXIX, go to another shop and you might find an Israeli manufactured one.  Not sure of the production numbers of Israeli vs. US made MkXIX models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top