Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 7:11:07 PM EDT
Been thinking about getting into IDPA. Was hoping someone could tell me if there is a fee to shoot each match, or is the annual IDPA fee the only cost? If there are additional costs, what is the fee for a match? I couldn't find anything on the websiabomasum fees other then annual, but don't like assuming things
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In addition to annual membership fees each match typically costs $15-25. But, you can shoot one match as a non member to see if you like it; after that you'll need a membership to participate. Gear is cheap fwiw, you just need a jacket/vest (concealment garment) and a holster/mag carrier. Also, when you join you get a 50% off coupon w/free shipping for safariland so that pretty much pays for the membership fee. Not to mention its good for up to $500 so you can buy other holsters at the same time and really save money. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
As was said local club matches generally charge $13 to $25 per match plus you do have to pay national dues. If you shoot a "big" match, like the Carolina Cup, fees are more like $75+.

On a related note any other club run match I have ever seen  (USPSA for example) has match and national fees. The match fees pay for consumable materials like targets, pasters, steel, etc. that the local club buys for match use.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The fees are so small relative to the ammo cost and practice time not sure they even matter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time Ishot IDPA in NEPA it was 10, but that was a few years ago. USPSA ran 20.

Gen you fire 2x as much in USPSA as you do in IDPA.

Frist time shooter I would not worry about joining either group just yet, shoot a few matchs first then pick one or both.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC it was $10 where I used to shoot around Birmingham.  Negligible compared to the money you'll spend on ammo shooting the matches and practicing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It depends on the range and if it's an actual IDPA shoot or an "Action Pistol Match". The fee to shoot at both of the local ranges is $10 and they are action pistol shoots. I've never been to an IDPA sanctioned shoot so I can't speak about the fees there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top