Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:16:44 PM EDT
Round butt S&W 4.25in performance center 1911 or HK .45 compact tactical?
Will be used for edc, idpa, suppressor host, and nightstand.

Pros of HK
Customer service
Factory threaded barrel
Factory night sights
Polygonal rifling

Pros of SW 1911
Sweet, clean 1911 trigger feel
Lightening cuts in slide and scandium frame
replaceable grips (accessories)

Cons for HK
Width
Stuck with one grip besides backstrap
Less than perfect trigger due to physics with a da/sa setup
Proprietary mags

Cons for SW 1911
Have to buy aftermarket threaded barrel if not available directly from SW with one
No night sights

Which should I go with and why? Ive been debating this for months with no luck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a 45ct.  Great gun, always went boom and pretty damn accurate.  I just couldn't get over a gun that big only holding 8 rounds ( I know you can use 10 rounders, but those aren't flush, and you can say the same thing for the 1911.)

For me, it just seemed to bulky for that.  Not to mention the fact that 8 rounds in a 1911 just seems better, to me, due inherently good SA triggers that they usually have.  A 1911 is one thing, it is very slim.  But the 45ct was as big as my dads ruger p95.  I got rid of it and got a p30s to take its place(Which should be saying something, because that is something I usually NEVER do.  When I buy a gun, I keep it.)  I will say though, that if you plan on running a can, I would take the HK all day.  That's just my .02 though, YMMV.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
My hk 45 ct is the handgun I would take with me in a shtf situation.  I wil leave it at that..
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Threaded barrels are a no-go in IDPA, for whatever that may be worth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, should have clairifed, the matches I shoot are idpa based. Basic concept without quite as many regulations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top