Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2013 3:57:16 PM EDT
Was looking around today and had thought I was going to get a M&P or a SR. Already have an XD. Held this FNS and it just felt right in my hands.
Now gotta get a holster and a couple more mags, any ideas who has some mags, ya I know....haha.

" />
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice pistol.  FNH is on my short list.  

No idea for mags...sorry.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice pistol.  FNH is on my short list.  

No idea for mags...sorry.

Sig was in the running also but being a lefty and operating the controls was just ackward for me, the FN fits me like a glove.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the FNX9 and FNX40. The biggest mistake was getting rid of them. I bought them when they first came out and finding holsters was a pain. Also every carry gun I have has night sight and you could never find any night sights anywhere. Had set on order for 4 month's never came in. Now holsters and sights are easier to come by and on my list to replace is the FNX. You will be very happy with your FNS, good luck and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had the FNX9 and FNX40. The biggest mistake was getting rid of them. I bought them when they first came out and finding holsters was a pain. Also every carry gun I have has night sight and you could never find any night sights anywhere. Had set on order for 4 month's never came in. Now holsters and sights are easier to come by and on my list to replace is the FNX. You will be very happy with your FNS, good luck and enjoy.

The FNS came with nite-sights and the 3 17rd mags you see in the pic. Pretty good start I think, holster would of been nice to start out with but in my experience factory holsters(springfield as an example) leave a lot to be desired. And I always upgrade anyway.
The more I handle this thing the more I like it, maybe should of traded my XD towards it as I don't see it getting as much range time as it used to
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no idea why they went to a dinky little safety lever on the FNS.   I was ready to get one until I saw that.  Hopefully there's a way to remove it entirely.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
great buy- im sure you will love it
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have no idea why they went to a dinky little safety lever on the FNS.   I was ready to get one until I saw that.  Hopefully there's a way to remove it entirely.

or just dont use it
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Trust me, its there if you want it and if you dont it wont be an issue. Its still large enough  that you have no issue sweeping it out of the way, but its very stiff to engage. Otherwise the 5 inch model might be more your liking:
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, its there if you want it and if you dont it wont be an issue. Its still large enough  that you have no issue sweeping it out of the way, but its very stiff to engage. Otherwise the 5 inch model might be more your liking:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fns-9-5in2-660x427.jpg

is the 5" model out for sale yet to the general public?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
they showed it at Shot. So I would guess it will show late next year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#11]
The FNS 9 is sweet.  Enjoy it. I sure did!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/fns-9-5in2-660x427.jpg

I ride the safety on guns like that, and if the safety is too small to ride, I just want it out of the way entirely.  The 5" gun looks like it's more my style... I have enough compact 9mms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top