Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:11:06 PM EDT
I just installed a Wilson Shock Buff in my Kimber Stainless II. Now, the slide does not lock back when I rack it. I can move the slide lock up and it will lock, but it does not do it on its own anymore.

Is this common?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Common? Kinda sorta. What it has happened is your shock buff has limited your slide travel. Either go to a slimmer buff or live with what you have?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
My G-smith just shortend my recoil spring by 2.5 coils and that took care of it for me.
I installed a .09 thick shock buffer on my Caspian Full size.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Buff on one of my guns eliminates my ability to slingshot the slide.  Must be let down with the slide release lever.   Try a thinner one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top