Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
from double action to a single action pistol??? I have been shooting a 1911, I got a P229 and am just having H**L shooting it!!!! just can't get used to the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely. The pull can be light (like my 1911s), or heavy (like my Glocks), but it has to be consistent!

Be well!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
None whatsoever.

All my pistols are single action.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
My biggest problem when I went from a Glock to a Hk was the long reset.  Huge difference in the two trigger systems.  I couldn't imagine the shock of  going from a fine single action trigger to DAO.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Beware the man with one gun...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 rat man!

i'm down to 3- 2 glocks and grandpa's .45

only da/sa i owned went away in large part due to the trigger

anyone ever notice that the people least qualified (due to practice time) to master the da/sa transition, are usually the most likely to own one?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#7]
As I get more experienced with handguns the DA/SA really ticks me off. I only buy pistols that I can C&L carry. My DA/SA handguns are shortly going to no longer be with me. CZ75 pistols I am going more fond of as I can choose C&L carry and still have DA if needed for restrike. I really am starting to understand what the old geezers were talking about.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#8]
No problem at all with the transition from DA to SA.  In fact, I ususally hit best with the first DA shot - lots of revolver shooting helps
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#9]
That has been my dilemma for the last little bit 'cause I use to buy handguns because they interested Me however as I am older and have grown somewhat I desire proficiency in a handgun as well . I do not like transition guns anymore and the slide on a Glock bites Me so I have had to redefine my needs and adjust accordingly. It has been sorta rough 'cause if and when you pack a pistol it is always gonna be to your advantage if your movements and trigger actions are uniform . The bright side is using all the multiple action handguns  for plinking .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
None whatsoever.

All my pistols are single action.

+1

But if need be, I'll shoot you with my wife's Glock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I shoot Glocks, Berettas, SIGs and a 1911 in IDPA.  Before a match I'll do about 30min or so of dryfire for 3 days in a row before the match to get used to what I'm going to be shooting.  Usually my only problem is switching from a 1911 where I leave my thumb on the safety while firing.  What I end up doing is accidently holding down the slide stop on a SIG.  It doesn't cost me that much time but what sometimes happens is that the pistol will run dry and close on an empty chamber.

Wanna shoot a Double Action Better?  Follow the advice of Ernest Langdon
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I cock the hammer on my double actions anyway (sig 226, 220, beretta 92, 96) so no transition for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#13]
you might not have time to cock the hammer in a fight, so here's my suggestion.  Dry fire drills every night or so.  Start with the empty gun in holster, observe all rules, yadda, yadda.  Do your draw (however you were trained).  Depress the trigger double action on your dry fire target keeping the sights alligned. then hold the trigger to the rear, rack the slide, let off until the trigger resets, depress the trigger again in single action.  Reholster, repeat

Do the same drill on the range.  double, single, decock, repeat
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top