Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2011 8:31:30 PM EDT
The brother in law of my cousin has a blued Mustang Plus II for sale for 550. It has the original plastic box along with the paper box and looks like new. The slide lock cut on the slide has absolutely no markings which leads me to believe the slide has never been shot to lock back. I do not know much about the true values of these guns, as I am a Glock and 1911 person and don't typically venture much away from those. I did look on GB and Guns America, but not real sure how many of those Mustangs are selling at the prices they list.
I know that the new Mustang is to be released any day now and will supposedly be built with better steel and better components. All for a selling price of about 550.

What I want to know is whether I should get this pristine blued Plus II, which is the exact set up I would want in one of these compact .380s, or wait and see what the new ones are going to be like?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They seem to be welling for slightly north of $700, so a fair deal.  is this a Steel or Pocketlite model?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up about 8 years ago for $350. I looked about a year ago on GunBroker and found some selling for more than 1k.  I haven't looked recently. I would buy another for $550. Got to GunBroker and see what they are selling for.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Being blued, you likely won't lose money at $550.  The new ones aren't blued.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Being blued, you likely won't lose money at $550.  The new ones aren't blued.

The new ones don't exist.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The brother in law of my cousin has a blued Mustang Plus II for sale for 550. It has the original plastic box along with the paper box and looks like new. The slide lock cut on the slide has absolutely no markings which leads me to believe the slide has never been shot to lock back. I do not know much about the true values of these guns, as I am a Glock and 1911 person and don't typically venture much away from those. I did look on GB and Guns America, but not real sure how many of those Mustangs are selling at the prices they list.
I know that the new Mustang is to be released any day now and will supposedly be built with better steel and better components. All for a selling price of about 550.

What I want to know is whether I should get this pristine blued Plus II, which is the exact set up I would want in one of these compact .380s, or wait and see what the new ones are going to be like?
Thanks

The Mustang Plus II isn't the Mustang model that colt is supposedly bringing back..
It's a Government Model frame with a Mustang slide.

$550 is a VERY good price for the gun alone. The blue plastic case sells for $100 plus on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's Colts advertisement about the new Mustangs...  I have one on order.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top