Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 3:22:33 PM EDT
IS THE SA MIL SPEC GOOD FOR COMP. SHOOTING, IT WILL BE MY FIRST 45. AND NO IT IS NOT THE GI........I CAN PICK ONE UP FOR ABOUT 450!!!GOOD PRICE????
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Decent price.  New I presume?  What competition are you gonna shoot in?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A) Turn off you cap key, it makes you appear to be shouting.

B) This thread seems to be posted numerous times. Do you have Tourettes? (sp?)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's good if you're going to use it to learn the 1911 type pistol.  As you compete with it, you may want to change a few things.  Better sights, different trigger, change the mainspring housing, match bbl., etc..  It won't be ready to run Rob Leatham off the range outta the box (unless you are an EXCEPTIONAL shooter).
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
a good gun to BUILD a comp gun out of maybe.  

The only reliability issue i have with mine is double feeds and every other ejection related problem.  This is because the actual ejection port is smaller than most new 1911.  If it were larger you could add extended ejector.  I think that one small thing would fix the reliability issues. And who knows, you might be able to install the extended one without the ejection port being larger.  if you can, do it!

Next, new sights.  absolutely would need new sights.  

next - palm swell safety, not everyone's palm depresses the flat one therefore making your trigger pull ugly

i would replace the thumbsafety with a longer one and probably replace the sear and such so the safety fuctioned smoother.

im sure there is other stuff i forgot.  Now, understand that i am telling you what to replace wrt the problems i have had with MINE and that i am no gunsmith by any measure!  someone who knows them more generally and works on them could probably answer your question better.

If you did one thing to help you out: new sights!!!  good luck.  oh yea, and that is a good price.  Its what i got mine for.  You could most likely find it cheaper, but i bought mine locally and that was the best price.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top