Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:13:26 PM EDT
Found what I think might be a good deal today--an FEG 9mm for $200, new w/one mag.  Looks to be a double-action copy of the Browning Hipower, slide-mounted safety that acts as a decocker.  I think it's a P9R (the guy behind the counter only knew it was an FEG, and 9mm....lots of help!) but don't know for sure.

My question--anybody know if they are any good, if it will accept Hi-Power mags, and if that's a good price?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes to all three.

rk
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know they were still making those FEG's. I got some of them just after the Hi-cap magazine ban to give my sons for Christmas. They came in 9mm and .45acp and each son wanted a different caliber. I got a couple to stick in the safe too. I never heard the boys say anything bad about them except that they needed more ammo. anothergene is right about the "magazine robbers." I got the guns from one of the larger distributors
(CDNN or S.O.G.?) and some came with 1 mag  and others had 2 mags.
They are nice looking pistols and have a almost glassy blue/black finish.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else?

And does anyone know anything about holsters for the thing?  During a Google search, one post said the P9R was a copy of the S&W 39.....anyone know if that's true?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I always thought it looks like a double action S&W frame with a Hi Power slide on top.  I'm guessing a holster for a full size Smith would work.

In general, FEG is totally underrated in my book.  They are built like bank vaults, I seriously doubt you need to worry about parts breakage.  Not the most accurate pistols ever but they are utterly reliable.  

I had an FEG PJP-9K or something like that, basically its a pure Hi-Power clone, and it looked good and ran great.  Never had any problems with it, and I trusted my life to it as a car gun for some time.  Just sold it so I can replace it with a .45 of some kind for more punch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top