Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 2:09:51 PM EDT
I have seen it all now.   I wonder how much this costs?     Do you think anyone will buy this?www.cornershot.com/product.php

http://www.cornershot.com/images/home_pic.gif
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have seen it all now.   I wonder how much this costs?     Do you think anyone will buy this?www.cornershot.com/product.php

www.cornershot.com/images/home_pic.gif

I read a write up in a mag about it.  They used sigs.  They really liked it and said it was very intuitive to use.  Its israeli if I remember right.  Its aimed at LEOs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
From an engineering standpoint, I admire it.  Realistically, though, it's pretty application specific.  Can't really justify carrying it around day to day, as it would be a lousy rifle (very short barrel).  On the other hand, one or two of these in a Swat unit would be pretty useful.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The Germans had something like that in WWII. Well, it was just a bent tube that you stuck on the end of the firearm but I'm sure it cost less.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree that it is impressive from an engineering standpoint, but I do not picture police departments spending that kind of money on a gadget.  Plus it would probaly be against regs to shoot someone around a corner that was not a threat.  From a civilian standpoint when someone is in my house around a corner I would much rather swing around the corner with a 12 guage.

And I remember watching something on the History Channel about the Nazis putting a curved barrel on a submachine gun. Fun, but not practical.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 From a civilian standpoint when someone is in my house around a corner I would much rather swing around the corner with a 12 guage.

Or just shoot THROUGH the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top