Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:30:07 AM EDT

I just got the 15 round magazines I ordered from Springfield Armory for my XD9 about a month ago. They told me 30 days or more, so they were right on. $29 for Stainless Steel mags, they are excellent!
No LEO stamps.

Just thought I'd post in case someone else had ordered some. I would think you should start seeing them in your local gun shops soon.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Just FYI, you may exchange your 10-rd mags for 15-rd ones from springfield with proof of purchase of the pistol.  You do have to send them a payment method for the mags, then the account is credited.  Not sure why they do it that way, but that's it.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just FYI, you may exchange your 10-rd mags for 15-rd ones from springfield with proof of purchase of the pistol.  You do have to send them a payment method for the mags, then the account is credited.  Not sure why they do it that way, but that's it.  

Doesn't help me since I bought the 15 rounders for my XD9 Subcompact which still takes 10 round mags after the ban. It just so happens that the XD 15 round full-size mags lock and feed fine in the XD subcompact. So I don't  think SA would upgrade my mags since I have a subcompact.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
DR, so they dont' have high-caps for the subcompacts?  I have a bi-tone XD9 subcompact and it looks like there's plenty of room in that magazine for more rounds.  I was planning on keeping my 10 rounders for range use and utilizing hi caps for carry, but I don't want a full size mag jutting out of my pistol while I'm carrying it (that's the point of having a subcompact dammit!).
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DR, so they dont' have high-caps for the subcompacts?  I have a bi-tone XD9 subcompact and it looks like there's plenty of room in that magazine for more rounds.  I was planning on keeping my 10 rounders for range use and utilizing hi caps for carry, but I don't want a full size mag jutting out of my pistol while I'm carrying it (that's the point of having a subcompact dammit!).

I think they carry 12 or 13, but they're really hard to find.  I think Springfield was working on getting the big ones out there for now.

I need to head over to www.hs2000talk.com and see if anyone's got Subcompact Hi-caps.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

cool.  got a link to this anywhere on the SA website?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, I thought the same thing. So I sacrificed one 10 round subcompact 9mm mag  and modified everything possible to try to get it to take more.  Shaved the follower guide, dremeled out the bulges, even cut the mag spring down. Bottom line is, the spring is fully compressed at 10 rounds, and that spring takes a lot of room, when compressed. After all that, still could only get in 10 round. That's why I ordered the 15 rounders. I CCW it with the 10 flush-fit subcompact, then carry 2 15 rnd mags on the belt. Gives me 40 rounds, not too bad.

Springfield does not sell a flush fit mag for the subcompact XD9 that hold more than 10 rounds, and don't intend to, I asked them.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I thought the same thing. So I sacrificed one 10 round subcompact 9mm mag  and modified everything possible to try to get it to take more.  Shaved the follower guide, dremeled out the bulges, even cut the mag spring down. Bottom line is, the spring is fully compressed at 10 rounds, and that spring takes a lot of room, when compressed. After all that, still could only get in 10 round. That's why I ordered the 15 rounders. I CCW it with the 10 flush-fit subcompact, then carry 2 15 rnd mags on the belt. Gives me 40 rounds, not too bad.

Springfield does not sell a flush fit mag for the subcompact XD9 that hold more than 10 rounds, and don't intend to, I asked them.

Wow.  Well, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cool.  got a link to this anywhere on the SA website?

No link, but I emailed [email protected], and I got a reply from Brandy stating what I mentioned above.  She included a phone# 800-680-6866

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think the SubCompact .40 mags will hold 11 or 12 rounds of 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think the SubCompact .40 mags will hold 11 or 12 rounds of 9mm.

Could be right since I bought a full-size 10 round .40 mag before the AWB expired and can cram 13-14 rounds 9mm in it. After tweaking the lips slightly, if feeds as reliably as any of the 9mm mags I have for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top