Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 11:22:07 PM EDT
The first model, with fixed sights
Aside from the welcome-to-1998 webpage, what do ya'll think?
Anyone have one of these?  Are they worth the $?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought about buying one of these for a long time.  Ultimately, I decided I'd rather have a dedicated .22 pistol, which can be had for about the same price.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought about buying one of these for a long time.  Ultimately, I decided I'd rather have a dedicated .22 pistol, which can be had for about the same price.

Yeah, but I'm tired of giving the sherrif $ for a friggin 'permit to purchase' and am looking for alternatives.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the M1911 "basic" units with fixed sights from ceiner and yes they are worth the money per say, and once broke in they are fairly reliable....the first 200-300 rounds its not a 100 % as it has to polish in. DO get a second magazine as having just one is a pain but they arent cheap at 35.00 each. accuracy isnt match grade but is acceptable for plinking and teaching other new shooters. one load mine really shoots better than the five or six different things I have tried is the CCI "Raptor" ammo with the gold dot bullet. if you want to see photos of any aspect of the ceiner , I can post some afterwhile...just let me know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but I'm tired of giving the sherrif $ for a friggin 'permit to purchase' and am looking for alternatives.

From that perspective, I can understand your interest a little bit better.  

If you're just looking for a plinker, the Ciener or the new Kimber unit should be fine.  If you're interested in some serious accuracy, you might take a look at Marvel Precision.  It is very highly regarded among the Bullseye pistol enthusiasts.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI...ceiner MAKES the Kimber conversion units and often sells overruns on their own site. The only difference is the cosmetic appearance of the outside.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FYI...ceiner MAKES the Kimber conversion units and often sells overruns on their own site. The only difference is the cosmetic appearance of the outside.

I know this used to be the case, but I heard that Kimber switched over to their own production in the last year or so.  Kimber is also generally regarded as having better customer service than Ceiner, even if they are coming out of the same factory.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
My brand new, direct from Kimber conversion kit has a suspiciously Ciener-ian instruction manual.  That said, it does look 'prettier' then the non-Kimber units.  I was a busy little monkey, destroying two magazines to make a single hi-cap,  and extensively dremelling the Kimber mags to make a mag-well compatible magazine.  Now I see you can just buy 15 rounders direct from Ciener.  Silly monkey, am I.

www.johnnyego.com
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]
My conversion unit doesn't work at all.  Not one brand of ammo I've tried will function in it.  Most ammo will cock the hammer, but not eject the fired round.  Aguilla SSS functions OK, but the long bullet isn't compatible with the twist of the rifling for best accuracy.  Someone said that they need to be broken  in, and that may be true, but firing 500 rds, one at a time until it starts cycling, will be tedious.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Marvel.

R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top