Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 1:20:31 PM EDT
while shooting my imi baby eagle 9mm the 10rd factory mag kept falling out of the gun. i thought that i was hitting the mag release but it wasnt that. then i used the 15rd factory mag and no problem, i got it home and cleaned the shit out of it and after slide racks after last round then hit the slide release the mag would fall out????????????  any comments?

thanks in advance
                                                                                     roger
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy cow!!!

I had the same problem with mine and had to send the gun back. The store took it back after that and gave me a credit which I bought a SA 1911.

Mine was the 9mm Polymer model.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What brand is the magazine? Does it have a small triangle with a 'T' stamped inside it?

How loose is the mags fit in the mag well? Is the magazine catch notch on the mag straight (not bend inwards) on both the top and bottom? How positive is the locking of the 15 rounder you have, and is it maked with a 'T'?

Just a few questions, the fit questions are meant for you to check it and see if thats whats causing it, the rest are for others to better help you. :]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
it does have the t inside the triangle the mag is as loose as the 15rd. the 15 is stamped also.

timanator did they ever find out what it was? gun or mag?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a factory mag and one for the all steel model. Both falls out after shots.

It got to the point where every other shot would make the mag fall out. IMI repair said a weak mag release spring on the repair. But I no longer trusted it(Only had 300-400 rds)
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Weird.. This must be a problem with the polymer versions.. My steel framed compact has been running strong.

Replacing the mag catch spring might be a little troublsome, since IMI/Magnum Reasearch doesn't import spare parts for commercial sale (at least thats how things appear). The frame is identical in most aspects to the EAA/Tanfoglio CZ varients, so a mag catch spring from one of those might do the trick.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
inspect your magazine release. A freind had the same problem with a 40 cal kel-tec pistol.As it turned out the mag release was polymer and the mags were metal and thet just wore the mag release down to where it wouldn't hold any more.He pulled the mag release out took it to a machine shop had them make one out of steel and never had another problem. It cost him right around 25 bucks. Hope this helps you out some.
Sureshot45
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]
IMI IS SENDING ME A NEW MAG RELEASE. NO QUESTIONS ASKED OTHER THAN DO YOU WANT TO SEND US THE GUN OR US SEND YOU THE PART?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top