Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2011 2:41:13 PM EDT
does any one have these yet ?how big is the front dot ,is it as big as the xs big dot?.to big that it sacrifices accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a set on my G19. They give me a hard-on everytime I look at them, lol. A friend of mine works for Trijicon and hooked me up with a set a month or so ago

Ok, so to answer your question. No, it is not anywhere near as large as the XS front site. It is definitely a little larger than say a standard Glock front site post. I have not noticed any difference in my accuracy since changing my sites out, but I have noticed a significant difference in how quickly I can acquire the front site and how much easier it is to follow the front site during rapid fire drills in comparison to any other night sights I've ever used. I love them, in case you haven't noticed.

Hope this helps.

Phil
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you find it hard to see the rear sights?

I really like the look of them, but the black rear sights is the only downside.

Also do you have the orange or yellow? I'm looking at the orange ones.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you ,i guess ilhave to order them.

Quoted:
I have a set on my G19. They give me a hard-on everytime I look at them, lol. A friend of mine works for Trijicon and hooked me up with a set a month or so ago

Ok, so to answer your question. No, it is not anywhere near as large as the XS front site. It is definitely a little larger than say a standard Glock front site post. I have not noticed any difference in my accuracy since changing my sites out, but I have noticed a significant difference in how quickly I can acquire the front site and how much easier it is to follow the front site during rapid fire drills in comparison to any other night sights I've ever used. I love them, in case you haven't noticed.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Ameriglo makes something similar, if I'm not mistaken. They call them Hackathorn sights, or something.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess it is personal preference (isn't everything with pistols?) but I prefer a more subdued rear sight. The fantastic thing about these sights is the u-shaped rear. It is really unnecessary to have the sights there at all since the front sight sits in there perfectly. And, truth be told, the self-defense shooting I do really doesn't require pin-point accuracy. Using the Vicker's shooting method, 5" groups are a bare minimum standard at fast speeds, and I can quite easily keep to that standard inside 15 meters assuming I do my part.

The rear sights look like normal night sights during low-light conditions, however.

I have the yellow/green. I was told by my Trijicon friend that the yellow are quicker to acquire, and that's why he got me these. His personal testing and a few police departments that Trijicon had testing them all said the yellow/green were quicker to acquire. I haven't tried out the orange, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm sure I would love to try them out myself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is the vickor s method ?thats interesting i was thinking the orange would stand out better .yellow it will be then .thanks

I guess it is personal preference (isn't everything with pistols?) but I prefer a more subdued rear sight. The fantastic thing about these sights is the u-shaped rear. It is really unnecessary to have the sights there at all since the front sight sits in there perfectly. And, truth be told, the self-defense shooting I do really doesn't require pin-point accuracy. Using the Vicker's shooting method, 5" groups are a bare minimum standard at fast speeds, and I can quite easily keep to that standard inside 15 meters assuming I do my part.

The rear sights look like normal night sights during low-light conditions, however.

I have the yellow/green. I was told by my Trijicon friend that the yellow are quicker to acquire, and that's why he got me these. His personal testing and a few police departments that Trijicon had testing them all said the yellow/green were quicker to acquire. I haven't tried out the orange, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm sure I would love to try them out myself.

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
can we get some pics of your set.....?
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
i would like pics also
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#9]
i was at the local gun dealer  today & they had a gun come in with the front hd sight on it ,not sure what the back was  but it had 1 dot in the middle it was the one with the orange .iam hooked now ,just waiting till the get them in .
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I plan on outfitting all of my sigs and glocks with them...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Well....thanks fucking loads....now I have to upgrade all my pistols.....damn.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top