Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 3:32:30 PM EDT
I was in the fun shop today... looking at new defensive pistols.  I was looking seriously at a couple different models when a old familiar one caught my eye.  

A Smith and Wesson 4506 with Novak style combat sights.  I picked it up and that pistol and my hand felt made for each other like butter on toast.

I was instantly on love.  It looked to me like an old police trade in.  It has a bit of holster wear, but other than that was in GREAT shape.  The bore looked smooth and clean.  Looking inside the barrel you can tell it has been shot, but very well cared for.

Ive a couple questions about this pistol.  

1.  How hard are extra mags to get for this weapon?

2. This one still has the stock S&W plastic grips on it... are there other available?

Oh... I fell in love with another pistol there too.  Put it on layaway too (although a longer, 6 month plan since the .45 is going to be out in a 3 month plan)..

A Glock model 20 10MM!!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup... but the Glock will be there the LENGTH of the 6 month layaway no doubt.  Oh well.... its within my grasp!!!

Thanks for the tips on the mags and the grips.  

Mags seem to be more common than I thought. I went on gunbroker.com and there were a couple dozen ads for them.  And you are dead on with the price for them.  

And the best thing about buying a used smith is the LIFETIME warranty.  

And yeah... Im still doing the "happy happy joy joy" dance.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Just picked up 10 4506 mags on gunbroker for 135.00 shipped.  The 4506 is about the only Smith and Wesson auto that I care for .   Points really nice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
 The Hogue grips for it ROCK!  I miss my 4506...'twas a nice piece.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#6]
A 4506 Smith was my first firearm.  Kinda miss it......
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a 4506,  and a 1006.  Loved them both.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Not a huge S&W fan... but the 4506 (with the protected adj rear sight) is on my list of "must aquire" pistols.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]
you might regret buying the smith after you fire up that glock.  recoil is minimal considering it's basically a .41 mag.  and you get 16 shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top