Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:04:23 AM EDT
There were too many guns laws during the Clinton decade for me to keep them all straight.  If we have an AWB sunset, will we be able to buy hi-cap handgun mags again...or does it fall under some other inane gun law?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No, but you will be able to buy standard capacity mags.  

The 10 round limit was part of the AWB, which applies to pistols and rifles.  Standard capacity magazines are fair game after the ban sunsets!!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1 for proper terminology!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The AWB didn't affect my handgun mags.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree. Please pardon my (latest) transgression.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you guys consider 30 round magazines full capacity or hi capacity?  I always think of mags that fit flush as full cap, and mags that stick out of the pistol grip as hi capacity.  Whats the general concensus on this?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting point vis-a-vis 'hi-cap' and 'standard capacity'. The term 'hi-cap' came in with the AWB. Prior to that, a magazine was just known by it's round count. So, once the AWB sunsets,  the term 'hi-cap' should also expire, but it probably won't. I'm afraid we'll be stuck with it. And, I agree with 'standard capacity' for the design capacity for the factory magazine, be it 6 rounds or 16. A friend of mine bought a Steyr 9mm in '89 with 18 round mags. That's the most I know of with a flush-fit mag. Still, that was standard capacity for that pistiol. I've been saying 'hi-cap' just like everyone else, but not any more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do you guys consider 30 round magazines full capacity or hi capacity?  I always think of mags that fit flush as full cap, and mags that stick out of the pistol grip as hi capacity.  Whats the general concensus on this?

I'm going to say, for example, that a 30 round Glock mag is "high capacity", unless you have a Glock 18, then its "Not enough capacity"
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would agree that mags that fit out of the grip are "high capacity", however, when you get into things like Uzi pistols and Mac 11's and such the 25 or 32 rd mags would probably be considered "standard" capacity. I would definately consider those really long 1911 stick mags and snail drums as high caps lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top