Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 12:02:28 PM EDT
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a magazine well good for or used for?  Just another accesory or is it beneficial to something?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
it enlarges the area of the opening(Like a Big Mouth Bass) and guides the magazines in for quicker mag changes.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks cool, and removes $30-$100 worth of weight from your wallet.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It looks cool, and removes $30-$100 worth of weight from your wallet.

nah

just bevel your existing one and it's free
Did this in a couple of hours with a hand file and some polishing pads
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my SA magwell, although it does make the gun more bulky when it comes to CHL.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
A mag well can make a big difference in competion or qualifying. Compare the holes these guys are stuffing double-stacks in to a 1911 single-stack.

I have a Wilson Speed-Chute that has made it easier for me to adapt to the 1911 from those "other" pistols I shoot.

MT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides the obvious funneling effect created by the extended mag well, it also, in the case of  S-A, adds to the length of the grip area.  Helps if you got big paws, or at least I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top