Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 2:44:55 PM EDT
Last week the bug bit me and a used Colt Defender.45 followed me home.  Today is the first day to shoot it. The first mag went bad. Slide failed to completely return forward every shot. So I pulled it apart to check it out. So dirty and gummed up I am surprised it worked at all. So with what I had with me, a pocket knife, a paper towel and a can of CLP I went to work. The amount of gummed up oil and crap I dug out is amazing. I don't think it was ever cleaned.

So after a little clean and lube I try again. Run flawless. I put about 100 rounds of Remington UMC 230 grain JHP downrange without a hitch. Switch to UMC 230 grain FMJ, 50 rounds no problems. I know this is still too soon to Declare a winner, but it's a good start. I hope to make this my full time carry gun. Just need to build a little more confidence in it, run more ammo thru it.

Anyone else here use one of these guns? Any reports on it would be helpful.

Also, what would be a good carry rig for it? I like the small of back carry. With my baack pains it really feels good when I sit. Also, an  ammo recommendation would help. Both raaaange ammo and carry ammo... fullclip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I loved mine.

I love the grips and the size. Mine broke after 400 rounds, almost 6 years ago... I have been on backorder from Colt and brownells every since... And no, a Commander unit will not work. If ANY one knows where I can get a new recoil spring and rod assembly there is a bonus in it for you!

Sorry for the thread side track...

Good luck with yours!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I loved mine.

I love the grips and the size. Mine broke after 400 rounds, almost 6 years ago... I have been on backorder from Colt and brownells every since... And no, a Commander unit will not work. If ANY one knows where I can get a new recoil spring and rod assembly there is a bonus in it for you!

Sorry for the thread side track...

Good luck with yours!

Can't get parts? Please tell me I didn't just buy an  Edsel I believe I would be knocking a hole in Colts door and rasing hell.  fullclip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top