Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 7:46:15 AM EDT
I've comfortably carried a G27 for about two years with no problems of comfort at all. I recently went with a larger frame, the G19, with an inside the waistband holster(same as before), but with cant this time. Cant seemed like it would conceal the bigger gun better, which it does. But when I sit down, the grip jams and stabs me in my side. It is extremely uncomfortable. I went to the movies last night and was fidgeting around something feirce.  My wife thought I had fire ants on me, lol.  I carry it strong side, just behind the hip bone, a common place, I think. Anyway, anyone here experience similar problems?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
aren't one-word answers the best!!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Everyone's body is different (thats why we lust after supermodels and puke at the sight of Rosie O'Donnell). Just experiment until you find what works. More to the point, why are you going DOWN in caliber from .40 to 9mm ? Some kinda pussy ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry a 36 in the middle of my back with no issues, maybe shift the holster to a different spot?  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Yes
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Because the G23 felt too snappy for me and I can group the G19 very tight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#7]
First, what IWB holster are you using?

I'm a little guy, 5'5" - 130lbs, so I don't have any meat on my bones and I comfortably carry my G19 in a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. in the 3 o'clock position.  I also carry with a full 15 rounds.

Tells us what holster you are using and we can go from there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
actually it s a pretty shitty one.............Predator Holster, its Kydex, got it from Glockmeister
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You said G27, now its a G23. Are you John Kerry ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
actually it s a pretty shitty one.............Predator Holster, its Kydex, got it from Glockmeister

Go to leather... Kydex is just a fancy name for cheap plastic. The only plastic IWB holster I'd consider is the one made by Safariland - check it out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I carry a 36 in the middle of my back with no issues, maybe shift the holster to a different spot?  

Ouch... right over your spine. What happens if you are fighting and fall backwards ? A broken spine does not improve your tactical position.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would suggest trying a different holster maybe something in leather or a Comp-Tac C-TAC or a Sidearmor 4th Generation:

Comp-Tac
Sidearmor

There is a forum over on GlockTalk Holster Library where you can post and borrow different holsters.  If you find one you like you can buy it from the individual or send it back if you don't.  It runs off the honor system and seems to be a great way to find and experiment with different ones.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch... right over your spine. What happens if you are fighting and fall backwards ? A broken spine does not improve your tactical position.

I don't fall backwards, ever.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll second the sidearmor, it's what I used when I was carrying a G19.  With my P220 it's at 3 or just a little back depending on the pants that I am wearing at the time.  The only uncomfortable times are when I am trying to sit in a chair with arm rests.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Try a new holster.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go to leather... Kydex is just a fancy name for cheap plastic. The only plastic IWB holster I'd consider is the one made by Safariland - check it out.

I have had better comfort with the slim ballistic nylon/cordura in the pants holsters. Leather tends to be too thick, and takes longer to dry out if I sweat on it, Kydex is, well, right out. My kydex is still sitting in my gun cabinet, unloved. Useful only for open carry, IMHO. Try some of the uncle mikes velour lined cordura in the pants holsters, comfy, but you must have a bobbed hammer - that makes the biggest difference in a CCW carried close to the body on the waistline. with a Glock you have no hammer, so that should not be an issue.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've got a .22 that'll shoot one hole at 25m.  Damned if I'm going to carry it, though!

Now, the 27 was good for two years of carry, but the 23's too snappy?  I are confused.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Well you weren't born with a Glock attached so I guess it might make it ache. Hell, my wallet makes me ache and it is thin due to lack of funds.

Always take your weapon with you to shop for holsters and try a bunch out until you find one that is comfortable.

MT_Pockets
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry a GLOCK 19 in a Blade-Tech IWB 16 hours a day in total comfort.

Leather is too thick, IMO. When it comes to holsters, the less material, the better.

Kydex also retains the weapon better due to the "snick" in fit.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Sometimes.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I carry a G19, and there is no way in the world I could carry it IWB... I have a 48 inch waist so I know I am the bulk (no pun intended) of the problem...

I carry a Ross Leather holster strong side just behind my hip. Its very comfortable and does not get in the way.  

I suggest you go into your local gunshop and test out the holsters... Ross holsters go for about 40 dollars give or take...

most gunshops will let you try them on before you buy.  I have an IWB holster and antoher brand leather holster (owb) and neither of them work as well for me.

Holsters are like good shoes.. either thay are comfortable or they are not. And whats comfortable for one person may not be for the next.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Glock 19
go to Kramer Leather and order an:

IWB#2

or an:

IWB#3

and you should never have a problem again.

I use the #3 it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
no,  all holsters I have are OWB.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine doesnt, it can be abit uncomfortable sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Jerry at Haugen Handgun Leather makes excellent gear. He has a law enforcement background and prides himself on never selling a holster that he wouldn't carry himself. He has made all my holsters and even takes custom orders. Not to mention that his customer service is nothing short of outstanding. Figure on paying around $60-70, but comfort. fit, and customer service is worth it to me. I have no connection with him except I'm a big fan of his gear. Good luck!

M_J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top