Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 5:25:38 PM EDT
I own a CZ-75 and am thinking of buying some pro-mag hibh cap. mags.  Has anyone had any problem with them.  Are they reliable enough for a self defense gun?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 Are they reliable enough for a self defense gun?

No. I would not use a aftermarket Mag for self Defense !
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My only experience with pro-mag was 2 for a p90.......threw them out......had good luck with triple k though.....you may get a ton of conflicting responses on this one...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My opinion only here, Pro mags are fine for practice and they save wear and tear on your originals. Mec-gar seems to be the good aftermarket magazine brand. Ramline, Triple K and USA are iffy at best. I would rather have a 10 round factory mag that works, as opposed to a "high cap" aftermarket magazine that chokes. Even if a "off brand" magazine works great a few times, it does not mean the non-heat treated feed lips or follower spring will make it, long term. So, to answer your question, yes, they are good...for practice at least.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
They're fine for at the range, but I would bet my life on them.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My opinion only here, Pro mags are fine for practice and they save wear and tear on your originals. Mec-gar seems to be the good aftermarket magazine brand. Ramline, Triple K and USA are iffy at best. I would rather have a 10 round factory mag that works, as opposed to a "high cap" aftermarket magazine that chokes. Even if a "off brand" magazine works great a few times, it does not mean the non-heat treated feed lips or follower spring will make it, long term. So, to answer your question, yes, they are good...for practice at least.

I agree. I have used the Pro-mags before w/ some success. I used them in a EAA witness 9x21 for practice, they worked fine. I also used some in a Ruger KP95, they worked w/ every other round. I have used the Mec-gar in both weapons and had good results. I have also used the Mec-gars w/ a Para Ordanace for competition (Limited 10/USPSA) they run 100%

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had good luck with them for the Glocks and SIG P226.  Other folks won't buy them but I never had problems, and they are much better built than anything USA ever made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top