Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 12:23:44 PM EDT
Has anyone seen one, or have pics? I`ve seen them advertised in the Gun List. I was  wondering if they`re just a chopped barrel or a true compact. And is it the new DA or the SA?. FN`s website isn`t really carrying much info on it. It sounded intriguing. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The only compact HiPower I've heard about is the Detective model by FM, but then I don't get out much. Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
From the 1911forum:

"FN HP-DA Compact
There is a new and very limited model available through FN Law Enforcement channels. I know this because I just got one directly from FN through my business relationship with them.

It is the new FN HP-DA that was reviewed in American Handgunner a couple of issues back, except it has a 4" barrel and a shorter grip frame to accomodate a 10 round magazine with no extra. They only imported 80 into the US so far, and I understand the production run is only 800 total.

It's distribution through LEO channels is a bit strange because there is nothing legally limiting, it's just a very limited production and they thought that would be the primary interest area and they have distribution control there.

You know, I actually no use whatsoever for it, I bought it just because it is unique and offered to me. It is neat, a double action, commander sized, made in Belgium FN HP."

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses!
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I went ahead and ordered it. It should be here anyday now. Itll definitely be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:19:41 AM EDT
[#7]
'Tis a thing of beauty. The only thing I would do is ramp the front sight as snags would suck in time of need. Or am I being picky again?
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]
What Bearlaker said, FM (Fabricaciones Militares) produces a model called detective, wich IS a real compact model, the grip is the same size though. 13+1 rounds, combat sights, and blued, nickeled, and two colors. They are about 250 pesos here...that's 150 american.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I`m still waiting. The butt head dealer didn`t order the pistol when I had asked him to. The distributer wanted a certified check from him(my dealer) since he hadn`t done business with before. Well my dealer didn`t want to do that. Fine, but you`d think he`d call me since he had my phone #? Nope. I even checked in once a week, and none of the people had a clue. Needless to say I`m annoyed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
No, I figured I`d hold that in reserve. That and a pistol purchased at a competitor for less! But this is really the first time I`ve had a problem with this dealer. So maybe I should be a little more forgiving?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top