Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2013 4:04:27 AM EDT
Aluminum frame, 25 oz empty.  This one is in pretty good condition.  I bought my first LW a couple months ago.  After putting a few hundred rounds through it, I decided I liked it enough to get Heinie sights and cerakote on it, but I started feeling guilty that I was modifying something that is not all that common.  I picked this one up to keep an original example.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Very very nice!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.  Here's mine, which started out much rougher than yours.  It has had Chuck Warner's talented hands on it:
http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o496/ReedEdwards/DSC01741.jpg

By the way, how's the slide to frame fit on yours?  

Reed
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Reed, on this one, the slide to frame fit is very good- as well as some of my steel framed guns.  On the other lightweight, that's at the smith right now, it's a little loose, about like an old 1911.  Maybe not quite that loose....

But, it functioned as it should and was reasonably accurate.  (not quite as accurate as this one though)

By the way, that one is a beauty!

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
BPR you certainly did get a very one!  So who did you snag this beauty from?
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I got this off Gunbroker.  They've been showing up in small groups.  Search Hi Power Lightweight.

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a couple pictures my smith took of the new sights and finish.  I can't wait to get this gun back.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#7]
NICE!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Here are some better pictures and a before/after.  The lightweight pictured at the top of this post is another one I have, which I'm keeping stock.

A little before/after.

Heinie sights installed, graphite black slide, sniper gray frame cerakote.  VZ Grips and C&S HTS and safety.  There are still a few dings in the metal visible beneath the cerakote, but it turned out so much better than I anticipated.  I love this set of sights!

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Are those Heinie sights for the High Power or an adapation of a set of 1911s?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, these are Heinie Hi Power sights.  There is quite a bit of machining required for them to fit, but they provide a great sight picture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top