Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 4:51:34 AM EDT
I have a P11 and love it.  I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to shorten the trigger a little.  I regularly shoot a Glock 19 and when I switch to the Keltec, the trigger difference throws me.  I'd really like to make the trigger a little shorter without sacrificing reliability.  I've looked at KTOG.org and it doesn't really have what I am looking for on their trigger mods.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned two P11s, first and second generation. I know of no way to shorten the trigger pull. The pistol is designed with a long trigger pull for a reason - safety.

I now own a Kahr - and prefer the Kahr to the Kel-Tec in every way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Only one generation of P-11 has been released, not two.  The extractor was redesigned slightly at some point, but they are all still 1G pistols.

Here is a LINK on how to shorten the trigger, not sure if you have seen it already or not.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks that was what I was looking for.  Has anyone done it here?

I want to shorten the trigger without messing up the reliability.  I'm also not worried about lightening the trigger.  Just a little shorter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks that was what I was looking for.  Has anyone done it here?

I want to shorten the trigger without messing up the reliability.  I'm also not worried about lightening the trigger.  Just a little shorter.

I have carried the P11 for over ten years now and have done this mod in the past.  The only problem is the possibility of a light strike as the hammer is so light it really relies on a full travel for reliability.  I have since removed all trigger mods on my P11 (new hammer and spring to replace the modified pieces as well as the White trigger stop removal).

Although this mod and the White trigger stop both possibly contribute to accuracy they also have the ability to affect reliability.  This weapon is not, nor was it ever intended to be a target pistol.  It is a last ditch, emergency, short range, concealable weapon and does that job very well as originally designed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
No, I haven't tried it, but I have done the paper clip mod to reduce the weight of the trigger a little, and it worked well.  That link I gave you has a bunch of different things you can do to the trigger, including an internal overtravel stop that I have been thinking of trying myself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: Only one generation of P-11 has been released, not two.  The extractor was redesigned slightly at some point, but they are all still 1G pistols.

Original trigger pull was 10 or 11 pounds, subsequent models (after 2000) came with 8 or 9 pounds (IIRC).

While not exactly two different generations, there were some mods to the internals, which I guess I shouldn't have termed "generations".
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
All P-11/P-40 with serial numbers 25000 and above have the 8.5 pound spring.  Serials with letters came later and all have the 8.5 pound spring.  The old spring was 10.0 pounds, BTW.  Kel-Tec will send the lighter spring for free, and it takes just a few minutes to install at home.

Some people with well used 10.0 pound springs may find them lighter than brand new 8.5 pounders.

Speculation is that Kel-Tec will release a true 2G P-11 sometime in the next year or two, based on the PF-9.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't mess with the triggers on DAO guns.  Mine is 100% reliable and I like it that way when I carry it!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't mess with the triggers on DAO guns.  Mine is 100% reliable and I like it that way when I carry it!

I'll second that !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top