Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:39:13 AM EDT
Hello one and all,

Well. .  here’s another P-32 range report.

Was at the local toy store yesterday and was looking over their rather large selection of new and used handguns.  And once again I asked “can I look at the Kel-Tec please ?”.  

I had a P3AT some time ago and even though it had been sent back to Kel-Tec it was never 100% reliable.  Swore I would never have another Kel-Tec again  !

Anyway . .  the one I was looking at was a second generation (new style extractor) P-32, in 32 ACP caliber.  A good friend of mine got one of these for Christmas and his has been 110% reliable.  So . . . . . “what the heck” I thought, I’ll give Kel-Tec one more try  !

Pistol came with a zippered pouch, trigger locking device and a small bottle of gun oil.  Also picked up an extra mag.  

Took it home and gave it a quick going-over and cleaned and lube the pistol with CLP. And then off to the range.  

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised  ! ! !   This Kel-Tec actually  WORKED ! !
First 100 rounds ran 100% -- ZERO problems  !  After the first 100 rounds I pulled off the slide and gave it a quick cleaning and another shot of CLP.  Another 120 or so rounds and she’s still running with ZERO problems  ! !   Used S&B ball, PRVI HP’s, Remington and Winchester “white-box” ammo.  All 220 rounds feed and fired with ZERO problems ! !

This new P-32 is much easier to control/handle than the P3AT that I had.  Trigger pull is also much better.  Even with a limp/weak wrist hold the pistol still ran just fine.  

Now I’m not even going to argue about the 32 vs. 380 because in a pistol this small it’s going to be pretty much “point and pull” anyway.  And this pistol WORKS, is very easy to control, holds a total of eight rounds and has a built in slide stop.  

Needless to say I am very happy with my new little “back up to my back up” gun.   I have a feeling that my NAA in 22 mag has been replaced.

Two questions please:  does anyone reload the 32 ACP caliber ? ?  This in now my fourth pistol in this caliber and I’ve saved up a BUNCH of brass.

And looking for a good pocket holster too.  Ideas ?

Sure hope Kel-Tec’s new slim-line 9mm is as fun and reliable as my new P-32.  Saving up my money now . . . .

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You could reload it - check the price on the bullets.  That'll be your biggest cost, I'd imagine, if you use once fired brass.  Small pistol primers, frugal on the powder.  Just pay close attention to  OAL to avoid seating too deep, or feeding problems.  Taper crimp.  Don't know how economic it would be - you would be reloading for capability as well.  

I use a P-32 as well - its a belly gun.   Its accurate enough for the ranges its intended for.  I can dump a mag full of HP's or FMJ's real quick!

I did the flywire mod on one mag - never had a rimlock but figured better safe than sorry.  I carry one mag in it with HP's and one mag with FMJ.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to sportsmansguide.com, they have 32 acp in bulk cheaper than you could ever reload it.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=92045
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well . . .

let's see now . . .

I ordered a set of reloading dies ($25) and 1,000 FMJ bullets ($37) from Midway.  Primers will cost me $15 per thousand. Bullseye or 231 will cost me about $6 per thousand rounds.

Have at least 500 once-fired cases on hand. ($0)

Including the reloading dies I will spend approx $83 to reload my first 1,000 rounds -- or about 8 1/3 cents per round.  $4.15 per box of 50.  

Not factoring in the price of the reloading dies I can reload 1,000 rounds for about $58 - or $3.00 for a box of 50.

I now have four pistols in 32 ACP caliber.  Looks like I'm gonna be able to shoot them a LOT more and not break the bank  ! !

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top