Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 3:08:03 PM EDT
I was busy blasting away 9mm, getting used to the horrid trigger...........snap. Trigger stayed back against the frame, didnt reset. The trigger seems to have broken it connection to the hammer. I have not taken it apart, mostly cause I just plan on sending it to Kel Tec. I have about 250 rounds thru her, with no malfunctions. I am kinda pissed, but o well, what can you do? So sending it to Kel tec vs. trying to fix it myself is the best course of action, right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard nothing but good things about customer service at Kel-Tec.  post what the turnaround time is on the P11.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The horrid trigger was a good indicator something was wrong. The trigger on my P11 is about 8 pounds; not any worse than other big-name guns, but it is fairly smooth in the stroke.

If you carry it, it is always a good idea to have the factory or factory-authorized personnel repair the gun. That way, your six is covered from any surprises-courtroom and others- in the (hopefully unlikely) event you ever need it in extremis.

Don't give up on the gun... they're like flight school 172's- not the prettiest bird in the barn, but pretty rugged and forgiving.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the gun, dont get me wrong. Its never jammed, it just broke. I plan on sending it back to Keltec, and have them smooth her out and fix her. I feel good with 11rds of Corbon in my pocket.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The local SO uses Hydra-Shoks so I use them in all my carry guns. I figure if it's good enough for them, its good enough for me; besides, the Hydra-Shok has a pretty decent track record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top