Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2009 2:48:45 AM EDT

Now I have to wait another month for the government to decide I can take it home from the gun shop....
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Obama and who ever is running your country.   Nice gun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
hey.

look at it this way.  at least you can/will get it.  they could have easily just say NO to all weapons.

iac..  im assuming you guys down under have a minimum barrel length requirment?  or is that just a stock photo?

one last note.  the wait IS worth it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hey.

look at it this way.  at least you can/will get it.  they could have easily just say NO to all weapons.

iac..  im assuming you guys down under have a minimum barrel length requirment?  or is that just a stock photo?

one last note.  the wait IS worth it.

Yup, guns have gotta have a 120mm barrel. I'm pretty sure stock CZs have 119mm barrels...
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 3:10:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Congrats! Looks kinda cool with the extra barrel poking out.

Link Posted: 8/18/2009 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
forgive my American ignorance....but i thought there were no guns for Aussie's?
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Non-semi automatic longarms are still legal for anyone that wants one.

Sporting shooters can get pistols and semi-auto/pump shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't there a minimum barrel length for handguns (5" I think)?

Anyway, congrats on the CZ. I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

Link Posted: 8/20/2009 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't there a minimum barrel length for handguns (5" I think)?

Anyway, congrats on the CZ. I hope you get to enjoy it soon.

120mm. 4.75 inches for you olde worlde types in the US.

It sucks - not because it looks ghey (you get over that) but because lots of guns are now illegal. I'd love one of the new P07 Dutys, but CZ doesn't want to make 120mm barrels for them...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Update: got an email from the importer last night, the guns arrive in Sydney on Friday and should be headed over here today. Then it's only one more month to wait...

To put that in perspective - I joined a gun club in October 08, got my firearms license in February 09, ordered the gun in August 09, and will get to take it home in December 09.

You Americans don't know how lucky you have it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update: got an email from the importer last night, the guns arrive in Sydney on Friday and should be headed over here today. Then it's only one more month to wait...

To put that in perspective - I joined a gun club in October 08, got my firearms license in February 09, ordered the gun in August 09, and will get to take it home in December 09.

Yes, we complain a lot, but compared to many other Western countries, we do have it pretty good when it comes to stuff like this.

During my last trip to Holland, a group of people I was working with couldn't even fathom the idea that I could go into a store and 15 minutes later, walk out with an AK-47.  (Needless to say, most of them did not approve.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we complain a lot, but compared to many other Western countries, we do have it pretty good when it comes to stuff like this.

During my last trip to Holland, a group of people I was working with couldn't even fathom the idea that I could go into a store and 15 minutes later, walk out with an AK-47.  (Needless to say, most of them did not approve.)

We complain a lot to hold the tide back. Gotta keep the pressure on. If we didn't, before you know it we'd be waiting 14 months to buy a pistol as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What does it take to become classified as a "sport shooter" down there so you can get a handgun?

I assume there is no carrying down there, open or concealed?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does it take to become classified as a "sport shooter" down there so you can get a handgun?

I assume there is no carrying down there, open or concealed?

Basically you have to shoot in a certain number of competitions (whether they be at your club, inter-clubs, state titles, nationals etc.) per year, depending on the type of handguns you own. A minimum of six, a maximum of fourteen.

No carrying except for police and security guards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top