Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:46:01 PM EDT
I just got a CZ 52 in February. I absolutely love it, but have been having trouble with the trigger.

It functions properly and all, it just hurts my finger as if it has a nasty recoil snap after every shot. It's hard to describe, but it feels like after I pull the trigger it snaps back into its normal position quickly and forces my trigger finger forward. I put 200 rounds through it yesterday and today my finger is blistered, bruised, and very tender. It doesn't feel like my finger is being pinched between the trigger and the trigger guard, but more like it's being hit hard or forced back by the trigger.

Does anyone else feel this? It doesn't happen to my boyfriend, so maybe it's because I'm a girl and my hands aren't as strong? I don't know what it is technically that is hurting me, but that is the best description that I can give as to what it feels like. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could fix it?

The blister is on the inside of my right pointer finger (the side closer to my middle finger)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The CZ52 can produce "trigger slap" that can be rather painful.
Here are some posts that talk about it and possible cures.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=40466

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=32298

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! I'll try some of those ideas and see if they help!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
And since it's an issue with the gun, not the shooter, it does happen to your boyfriend . . . he's just afraid to admit it.  

I just bought a CZ-52 and took it to the range for the first time yesterday.  That thing kicked my butt . . . so I've got to say, you're one tough lady!  Good for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top