Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:03:58 PM EDT
first off I have been wanting one for a couple of years now but nobody sells cz's near me so I never could hold one in person.With the talk of the large grip I didn't dare order one without holding it first.I found one at a gun show last  weekend $450 lnib so now I own one.Fits my hand perfect and is an awesome looking gun.So heres my questions.What upgrades should I do?If any where do I get the parts?Does anyone make a leather holster thats not going to cost me an arm and a leg and a 6 month wait?and lastly where can I get extra mags?
thanks Roy
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There's not much you need to do.  I remember reading that the recoil springs are a little weak, so you might pick up a Wolff replacement spring soon.  Also the stock hard plastic grips aren't that great, but I've felt the rubber grips on a 75B, and it's a bit more comfortable.  In fact, I'm about to try to order a set, but CZ's online store is not responding!  

Anyway, the 75B is a great pistol.  Nice moderate recoil, good accuracy, great ergonomics...  good bang for the buck.  I got mine a couple years ago for about $385.  Prices have gone up a little, but they're still worth it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Wolf recoil spring 16 or 18lb, Jack Ash custum guide rod. If you want to have it worked or a harder sear put in it then I would send it to Jim Mossini (I hope I spelled that properly).  You also might want to check out Hakan or Omega grips. Mine is stock except for the spring and guide rod and I like it just like it is. It is worth spending money on though. Mine will out shoot both my SA 1911s.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive had my 97B for a couple years now and love it.
The 97B comes with walnut grips,not polymer.Personally I think they are very nice grips.I would put a little locktite 242(blue,medium) on the grip screws as they tend to come loose while shooting sometimes.
First thing I would recommend is to dump the factory 13# recoil spring and replace it with a Wolff 16#.The Wolff 16# recoil spring is what the gunsmith at CZ-USA recommends by the way.I tried the 18# and it seemed a bit too stiff,judging by case ejection.
The FLGR from Jackash Customs is nice but is not needed.If I remember correctly adding the FLGR will void your warranty also.I have a Jackash guide rod and it is a nice part.But I prefer using the stubby CZ polymer guide rod as I think it tends to fit and work better in the pistol.
Some folks have a hard time installing a new Wolff recoil spring initially due to the length of the stubby polymer guide rod and the longer stiffer Wolff spring.
Key to installing the Wolff recoil spring with the stubby guide rod is to line up the guide rod detent with the barrel lug.Hold the spring and guide rod in place with your fingers as you install the slide on the frame.Once the slide is started on the frame the dust cover will hold the spring and guide rod in place until it reaches its destination.
Another key tip...is once you install the new Wolff spring lock the slide back and leave it like that overnight.This will allow the new spring to take a set and prevent the snaking of the new spring which sometimes gives a grating sound until it settles.This also allows easier installtion later on as the spring is shorter somewhat and tends to run straight as a result of spring set.
Other than the Wolff recoil spring,thats about all you need other than extra mags and ammo.The 97B is a tank of a pistol.
For a holster,I took the 97B to several different shops and tried on different holsters.The one I found that fit nicely was a Galco for a S&W SIGMA series if I remember correctly.Fits perfectly,including length and the thumb break.Cost me $40.00 for a nice leather holster.
So do some shopping around at shops and gunshows to find a holster and mag pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top