Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2020 6:55:25 PM EDT
I've been looking at the CZ 85B - I'm a lefty and like the ambi controls. A 85 Combat made in 2015. I assume it would use standard 75B mags and not the pre-B mags, correct? I have a bunch of 75B mags and want to avoid having to purchase different mags.

Anything else I should know about the 85 Combat?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes on the mags.  Anything that fits/runs in a CZ75B or BD, or SP01, etc., etc. will be good to go in the CZ85 Combat.

I like'em.  I like'em so much I modified a CZ75 Compact and CZ75B .40 to use the CZ85 slide release levers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the CZ 85B - I'm a lefty and like the ambi controls. A 85 Combat made in 2015. I assume it would use standard 75B mags and not the pre-B mags, correct? I have a bunch of 75B mags and want to avoid having to purchase different mags.

Anything else I should know about the 85 Combat?
View Quote

I have a pre-B CZ 85 combat that works with both types of magazines.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like'em.  I like'em so much I modified a CZ75 Compact and CZ75B .40 to use the CZ85 slide release levers.
View Quote

Tell us more about that "85 compact" ... who/how does that?  Did you do the safety too?  Cost?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't want to mess up the OPs thread too much.  Did a lot of measuring/comparing, bought the ambidextrous safeties and slide release levers and a spur hammer (CZ Custom and CZ USA - for the hammer).

Carried it for awhile, then got a P01.  I pretty much rely on red dots these days as my eyes without glasses can't see a front sight anymore.

Safety was the most work intensive part of it.  Slide release was easy.  Grips are nothing fancy.  Just the factory soft rubber grips.  No idea why the picture makes them look multi colored.  Carrying it kept wearing the finish off the outside edges of the safety/slide release levers.  Refinished them a couple times with the oxpho blue stuff from Brownells, but it kept wearing off.

When I bought a .40 S&W CZ75 B a few years later I added CZ85 slide release levers to it (they come with ambidextrous safeties) and a spur hammer and lanyard loop hammer spring cup, of course.  

I hate to put red dots on either one of them.  They're so nice just as they are.  Doesn't bother me a bit to have a P07/P09 milled for a red dot and back up sights, but doing that to a steel framed gun just feels wrong to me.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Outside of a great 1911, you can't beat the 85 Combat.  I've owned dozens of semi-autos and it's still my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Guys, not to get too far off topic but what would be the going price for an 85 combat with a GGW full combat carry kei ($500+) and only shot a handful of times at the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top