User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2018 11:27:11 AM EDT
Just saw this on their facebook page.

CZ adding full size and subcompact to P10 line

"DESCRIPTION
After several years of hard work, production of CZ pistols in in full swing at our Kansas City headquarters. Available in the full-size F, compact C and subcompact S, the P-10 family has grown greatly. Optic-Ready versions of each are available, as well as low-capacity versions of each variant.

For sights, US-made P-10s feature a single tritium lamp in the front with a large orange surround and a serrated black rear.

Optics-Ready versions ship with a blank filler plate, and plates for both the Trijicon RMR and Leupold DeltaPoint Pro are available. Also available are matching sights that allow the user to co-witness their optic dot with the irons.

One change that happens on both the US-made and Czech-made P-10s is the switch to a swappable magazine release. With a change in geometry, the goal was to eliminate the stiffness some customers experienced as the magazine release broke in, even though it became smooth after some use. This new reversible release just requires a few minutes to swap, allowing the pistol to remain lefty-friendly.

These US-made P-10s retain all the features that have made them a resounding success — the crisp trigger, superior ergonomics and rugged reliability that set it apart from many in the striker-fired crowd. "
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I might have to finally grab one of these. Sounds like some nice additions.

Hoping the new mag release retains compatibility with existing mags though
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just take my money already.

Great news, I've been waiting for this to become available.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Just curious as a fellow Coloradan. If you have been waiting for the full sized version without any magazines as I have...Or does CZ make 15 round mags for it ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I am 3 shy of a dozen CZ pistols.

A full size P10 is on the list, and I dont really like striker fired, but the P10 is a surprising pistol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just curious as a fellow Coloradan. If you have been waiting for the full sized version without any magazines as I have...Or does CZ make 15 round mags for it ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where in CO are you?  When I got my SP01, it came with normal mags.  Most dealers don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
In Parker, the dealers I spoke with in person said either they won’t sell the gun, won’t sell it with magazines, or would sell a parts kit consisting of disassembled magazines for $40 each.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I am deep in that GLOCK life and have fallen in love with the Gen 5s especially with the G45 and 19x

I held a P10C and know it would be the platform I would be running.  The new F and S model look damn good.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
You need to make friends with some more laid back shops, lol.  One of the benefits of doing biz locally I suppose (i'm in Denver).  In truth though, I'm only interested in the P10c.  Not interested in the Full size/19 round model.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Great, just great.  

Just in case the wife reads this.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope these new ones come in all the varieties too. I want a tactical optics ready white nitride P-10C!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am 3 shy of a dozen CZ pistols.

A full size P10 is on the list, and I dont really like striker fired, but the P10 is a surprising pistol.
View Quote

Look in the back of the group.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely getting one of each.

F and C with the slide cut out & the S without it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I am definitely in for a P-10S so long as it's no larger than a VP9SK. Looks to be at least a half inch longer than the G26 but no OAL or height specifications are published yet.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am definitely in for a P-10S so long as it's no larger than a VP9SK. Looks to be at least a half inch longer than the G26 but no OAL or height specifications are published yet.
View Quote
LOL, what?! The specifications have been out since the P-10 was first released! The manual has all the specs of all the versions. The P-10S is 116mm tall (with standard magazine baseplate) and 168mm long (with small backstrap installed).
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
...I'm only interested in the P10c.  Not interested in the Full size/19 round model.
View Quote
I've only ever been interested in the full size... but kind of turned off by domestic production.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm definitely interested in the P10F
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Any word on when they will be released?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
They already are...
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Looks right around the same size to my old eyes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They already are...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already are...
SKU's?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Like'n my 10C, want to see a10S
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#22]
P10S with an RMR?

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#23]
The full size interests me.  Hopefully they will have a threaded barrel model.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
YES
But P10F
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In Parker, the dealers I spoke with in person said either they won’t sell the gun, won’t sell it with magazines, or would sell a parts kit consisting of disassembled magazines for $40 each.
View Quote
They want to charge you an extra $40 each to disassemble the mags that come with the gun??  This wasn't Iron Horse was it?

Triple J, Bowers Tactical.  Good shops.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks right around the same size to my old eyes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/P-10S_JPG-714864.JPG
View Quote
Pretty much. If the P-10S is 4.6" tall and 6.6" long as posted above, it's exactly the same size as the VP9SK and ~0.2" longer and ~0.4" taller than a G26.

I prefer the dimensions of the G26, but until Glock releases a 26 Gen 5 MOS FS I'll be going with the P-10S.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Huh... I really want to stick to the metal-framed CZs (or metal guns in general), but this might be an exception to the rule....

Might have to pick one up.

Anyone have any idea when they're supposed to hit the market?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Huh... I really want to stick to the metal-framed CZs (or metal guns in general), but this might be an exception to the rule....

View Quote
People are saying they already have.
Im going to go looking tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
CZ themselves have vaguely stated sometime next year. I hope that availability comes on hard and fast, unlike the original P10C launch.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope CZ makes a retro-fit kit for the new mag release. At least if
it's mechanically possible to do so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

CZ themselves have vaguely stated sometime next year. I hope that availability comes on hard and fast, unlike the original P10C launch.
View Quote
NO, they haven't stated next year! They have said by the end of this year, however as said above, some have already started trickling out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hope CZ makes a retro-fit kit for the new mag release. At least if
it's mechanically possible to do so.
View Quote
Nope, not possible. CZ has said so on its various social media accounts. If you look at pictures of the new and old guns, you can see a pin just above the old ambi mag release button that is not there at all on the non-ambi guns, so the frame itself is different, in addition to the mag release design itself not being compatible. And there's pictures of a new P-10/P-07/P-09 magazine floating around the internet with additional cuts above the P-07/09 holes that people are saying is for the new P-10 mag release design. So it seems that not only have they ruined the ambi mag release, but it requires new magazines too so you can't use your existing P-10/P-07/P-09 magazines with the new non-ambi guns. So now there's THREE different generations of the P-10/P-07/P-09 magazine, none of which are forwards compatible.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nope, not possible. CZ has said so on its various social media accounts. If you look at pictures of the new and old guns, you can see a pin just above the old ambi mag release button that is not there at all on the non-ambi guns, so the frame itself is different, in addition to the mag release design itself not being compatible. And there's pictures of a new P-10/P-07/P-09 magazine floating around the internet with additional cuts above the P-07/09 holes that people are saying is for the new P-10 mag release design. So it seems that not only have they ruined the ambi mag release, but it requires new magazines too so you can't use your existing P-10/P-07/P-09 magazines with the new non-ambi guns. So now there's THREE different generations of the P-10/P-07/P-09 magazine, none of which are forwards compatible.
View Quote
The current P10-C mags have both the side cuts and center cut into the magazines, making them compatible with both the P-07/09 side mag catch notch and the current P10-C ambi-mag catch notch. The Newest P10-C's should work with all current magazines as they went back to a mag catch that locks into the sides of the magazine, just like the P-07/09 series.

I bought the CZ Custom extended mag release button for my P-10C and gave it a quick polish before I put it in. The magazines now drop free very smoothly with an appropriate amount of force. Polishing the stock parts probably would have accomplished the same thing or you could just let the parts break in from normal use. I don't understand all the hysteria over something as simple as a slightly stiff mag release; especially when most of us enjoy a little bit of tinkering anyways.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I liked my P-10C suppressor ready model.......... until I shot my new FN 509 Tac
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't understand all the hysteria over something as simple as a slightly stiff mag release; especially when most of us enjoy a little bit of tinkering anyways.
View Quote
It didn't bother me at all until I tried to use the gun in a club IDPA match, then it was a noticeable problem.
I do like to tinker though, so I'll probably break it down and see what I can do to improve it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine just wore itself in, between range and cycling while watching tv...
Same with the slide stop, very much improved.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:53:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I want to do a glock 19 roland special.
May hold off and do it to a p10c
Anyone know if there are aftermarket threaded barrels for the p10c?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#38]
The Orange tritium front sight / black rear is a great touch.

That would be great to see become standard for combat pistols from the factory.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think Primary Machine may have what you seek.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The current P10-C mags have both the side cuts and center cut into the magazines, making them compatible with both the P-07/09 side mag catch notch and the current P10-C ambi-mag catch notch. The Newest P10-C's should work with all current magazines as they went back to a mag catch that locks into the sides of the magazine, just like the P-07/09 series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No the mags are not the same! The mags for the new mag release P-10s have more side cuts in addition to the P-07/P-09 ones (left magazine in below pic). These new cuts are reported to be for the new non-ambi mag release on the P-10. The center cut is for the original ambi mag release on the P-10 (right magazine in below pic) and will not work with the new guns. Thus, existing P-10/P-07/P-09 magazines WILL NOT work with the new mag release design guns. The new mags will work with the older P-10s and all P-07/P-09s.

Quoted:
I bought the CZ Custom extended mag release button for my P-10C and gave it a quick polish before I put it in. The magazines now drop free very smoothly with an appropriate amount of force. Polishing the stock parts probably would have accomplished the same thing or you could just let the parts break in from normal use. I don't understand all the hysteria over something as simple as a slightly stiff mag release; especially when most of us enjoy a little bit of tinkering anyways.
I agree with you there. There was absolutely no problem with the ambi mag release. My gun was fine and every single one I ever handled in a gun store was fine. Now, thanks to a bunch of whiners, CZ has been pressured into downgrading to a non-ambi mag release, taking away one of the guns great selling points (100%, full-time ambidexterity). And to compound that, there is now ANOTHER generation of magazines that are required for the latest guns, leaving all existing ones people have bought as not forward compatible AGAIN.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No the mags are not the same! The mags for the new mag release P-10s have more side cuts in addition to the P-07/P-09 ones (left magazine in below pic). These new cuts are reported to be for the new non-ambi mag release on the P-10. The center cut is for the original ambi mag release on the P-10 (right magazine in below pic) and will not work with the new guns. Thus, existing P-10/P-07/P-09 magazines WILL NOT work with the new mag release design guns. The new mags will work with the older P-10s and all P-07/P-09s.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1lL9yOOyHxewOFfW6Z_MiBu50Fu73CWNO

I agree with you there. There was absolutely no problem with the ambi mag release. My gun was fine and every single one I ever handled in a gun store was fine. Now, thanks to a bunch of whiners, CZ has been pressured into downgrading to a non-ambi mag release, taking away one of the guns great selling points (100%, full-time ambidexterity). And to compound that, there is now ANOTHER generation of magazines that are required for the latest guns, leaving all existing ones people have bought as not forward compatible AGAIN.
View Quote
Interesting. I bought my P-10C last year and it came with the double side cut magazine like you show in the picture. That tells me it was probably a rolling change that CZ made in anticipation of going back to a single sided mag release. This just re-enforces the fact that the people that bought very early production P-10C's really got screwed.

I am thinking about buying a P10-F when they come out but at this rate, I might just buy another current generation P-10C and call it a day. I like the ambi mag release and have had zero problems with my gun. I don't even have the improved design slide cover plate and it has never been loose.... Maybe I just got lucky?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you can't already, I'm sure at some point you'll be able to buy a factory threaded barrel.  I got my P07 barrel from CGW.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#43]
That p10s really looks m&p compact 1.0 size, which still handles and shoots like a full size gun. It's a shame the p365 really came out and made them near obsolete for carry.

I may get both the p10f and p10c depending on the outcome of the election.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1lL9yOOyHxewOFfW6Z_MiBu50Fu73CWNO

View Quote
That's disappointing to hear about the magazines. One of the reasons i couldn't get into the FN guns as well. I understand they're one of the hardest bits to design for a gun but yeah, a little forward thinking wouldn't hurt. I guess CZ didn't figure so many people would complain about the stiff mag release on the original production p10's.

Just another reason you probably don't want to be an early adopter for new designs lol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Interesting. I bought my P-10C last year and it came with the double side cut magazine like you show in the picture. That tells me it was probably a rolling change that CZ made in anticipation of going back to a single sided mag release. This just re-enforces the fact that the people that bought very early production P-10C's really got screwed.

I am thinking about buying a P10-F when they come out but at this rate, I might just buy another current generation P-10C and call it a day. I like the ambi mag release and have had zero problems with my gun. I don't even have the improved design slide cover plate and it has never been loose.... Maybe I just got lucky?
View Quote
Last year, as in 2017?! You're saying you got the new magazine for the new non-ambi guns last year? That doesn't make any sense; they only revealed the non-ambi magazine release a couple months ago.

I got mine at the end of December, too and it came with the original P-10 magazine. I also had no problems with the magazine release, which is why I'm pissed they gave in to the whiners and downgraded the mag release. So it's NOT the early adopters that got screwed, it's everyone that now has to settle for this new, downgraded mag release. I don't want the new one, but if I want a factory optics cut or any P-10F/S, I have no choice. Mine also has the original striker plate that hasn't given me any trouble either.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I got one of the first P-10C's  released in my AO, I was at my LGS the other day and asked about the P-10 F...........he said March at the earliest  the Idea of a full size P10 intrigues me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That p10s really looks m&p compact 1.0 size, which still handles and shoots like a full size gun. It's a shame the p365 really came out and made them near obsolete for carry.

View Quote
As long as it's Indian MIM I'll never consider it. Too many firsthand reports of broken firing pins. Great design, beyond shitty execution.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, what?! The P365 is another Sig pile of crap! If they're not broken right out of the box, they'll break in just a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#49]
My 365 has been fine.  But that's another thread, and I'm not a hijacker.  

Too bad the P10F/C/S does not have a threaded barrel included with tall sights.  That would be ideal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As long as it's Indian MIM I'll never consider it. Too many firsthand reports of broken firing pins. Great design, beyond shitty execution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CGW has a P10C tool steel striker for $48.00...
no problem with my original striker, but for $48.00, I put one in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top