Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 8:54:58 PM EDT

Got my first ever CZ 75 B today and man do I love this pistol. I ran 50 rounds through it this afternoon and it felt fantastic to shoot. I love the feel of an all metal frame handgun, I don't think i'll ever buy another polymer framed pistol. That being said, what are some good holster options for the CZ and a source for extra magazines?

Picked up a bunch of federal 9mm, gonna make it to the indoor range at some point this week and really put this pistol to good use.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, congrats! Surprising that you like it in stock form. You'll absolutely love it once you get some goodies for it from CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#2]
only thing I don't like is how far the slide stop/release is from my hand (I have smaller hands) and I wish it had a decocker, I know some models have a decocker but I bought what the LGS had in stock.

What sorts of goodies are you talking about? details man, detail
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
only thing I don't like is how far the slide stop/release is from my hand (I have smaller hands) and I wish it had a decocker, I know some models have a decocker but I bought what the LGS had in stock.

What sorts of goodies are you talking about? details man, detail
View Quote

Probably the best remedy for that is to slingshot or over hand to rack.

The best upgrade on most CZ's is a trigger job and getting the single action to where it feels like a 1911 trigger. Involves polishing job trigger internals, changing out various springs, new hammer, straight trigger to convert to single action only if you please, shortening the distance of where triggers sits, and a shorter reset.

Then you can always changing out the sights with fiber optics or night sights, switching to slim grips if you need a smaller grasp, and upgrading to a new firing pin.

The top 2 places to get mods or even get work is CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works. Both specialize in CZ's and have awesome customer service and will guide you based on what you want out of your CZ.

CZ Custom

Cajun Gun Works
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the CZ!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as mags go, keep an eye on Midway... Occasionally they will put the MecGar mags on sale.
I grabbed a giant pile of em last year for under 20$/per.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#6]
you done got 'da sick now......all pistols will now pale in comparison
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You are now fucked. The 75 is one of my favorites.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Just shoot it and break it in.  You probably don't need to mod anything.  

I hope you read the directions.  Don't dry fire it or you will break the firing pin.  Your gun should have come with snap caps for this purpose.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ factory mags are expensive. Mec-Gars are cheaper and work exactly the same. Best place for [URL=http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97_130]CZ Mec-Gar mags[ from Greg Cote/URL].
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on the new gun. You will want more Cz's . I bought a RAMI and now have three CZ's

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah, its the firing pin retainer that's the weak spot. The FP will eventually hammer through one side of it, I replaced mine with the hardened CGW pin and was surprised how beat up the OEM roll pin was
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just shoot it and break it in.  You probably don't need to mod anything.  

I hope you read the directions.  Don't dry fire it or you will break the firing pin.  Your gun should have come with snap caps for this purpose.
View Quote

On page 24 of my manual (CZ 75BD), the last line under Unloading the pistol states:
"Depress the trigger (dry fire)."

That said, and considering what oli700 experienced, I have snap caps I use.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the CGW hardened retaining pin for my full size 75B, plus I use snap caps.  Overkill, but I dry fire it a lot for practice.

For competition the Blade Tech holster is very nice and won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That said, and considering what oli700 experienced, I have snap caps I use.
View Quote

Found this when I gutted out the frame to install CGW parts, luckly one was a carbide CGW firing pin retainer
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
David at Cajun Gun Works FTMFW

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top