Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2013 12:05:44 PM EDT
Hello,

I have a "DUO" automat pistole duo cal 635 (.25 cal) and it take a 6rd. mag in .25 cal.  I was told it was made by CZ, and I was also told it was made by Browning (I posted this in both the CZ and Browning section of the board).  The pistol is not in the best of condition, but I had a guy that works on my 1911s clean her up for me, and she fires flawlessly.  Great little pistol that would fit in one of my heavy socks that I wear or in a small pocket.  Anyway, I found a picture of the pistol in the "archives" here when using google.  

My questions are simple, where do I find more magazines for this little guy, and what would be the ideal kind of round to keep in this pistol for self defense?  This would be a BUG to my BUG, lol.

Going to try and attach a picture.....Thanks!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2q9kocj.jpg

Harry
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like a browning clone but the browning has the safety in front of the grip
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks like a browning clone but the browning has the safety in front of the grip
View Quote

I know what it is, it's a CZ clone....many clones were made of this pistol.  I just want to find out where I can score some mags.  Anyone???  THANKS!

Harry
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
magazines and grips

As for ammo, I tried the Hornady 35gr hollow points in my CZ-45 to poor effect (feeding issues).  Even if you can get them to feed, you probably still want FMJ's for the better penetration you may need.  I'm not of the mind that the .25acp is too anemic for defense, but I do expect to empty the mag should it be needed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
magazines and grips

As for ammo, I tried the Hornady 35gr hollow points in my CZ-45 to poor effect (feeding issues).  Even if you can get them to feed, you probably still want FMJ's for the better penetration you may need.  I'm not of the mind that the .25acp is too anemic for defense, but I do expect to empty the mag should it be needed.
View Quote

PERFECT!!!  Just what I was looking for.  Thank you so very very much!!! :):)

Harry
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Harry
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
magazines and grips

Harry

I keep looking at the CZ-45 mags, and every time I'm about to push the button I think "eh, I could use some more 9mm."
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Winchester made some pellet nose ammo for the .25ACP to enhance expansion and for better feeding, unknown if it's still in production. When I had a .25 YEARS ago I had those in it with no issues.
I agree with Jeff Cooper, "A .25 Auto is a good gun to carry when you'r not carrying a gun."
Practically, that is an old pistol, and better suited to heirloom status. Nice little gun, sir.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Winchester made some pellet nose ammo for the .25ACP to enhance expansion and for better feeding, unknown if it's still in production. When I had a .25 YEARS ago I had those in it with no issues.
I agree with Jeff Cooper, "A .25 Auto is a good gun to carry when you'r not carrying a gun."
Practically, that is an old pistol, and better suited to heirloom status. Nice little gun, sir.
View Quote

Thanks for the help fellas.  I would no way use this as a primary or as my BUG, but it sure beats a slingshot or a knife.  I think it's a cute little "toy" to carry in your front pocket in case you are ever caught off guard for when someone asks you for your wallet with a knife in his hand.  My grandfather carried it during the war and told me he used it on two separate occasions.  Has some neat little family history to it....I might not be here if it wasn't for this little bugger. :)  Still can't find any mags for it....got it locked in my Gunbroker search engine to get notified, but everyone has them out of stock.  Stange....considering how many of these things were made.

Harry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top