Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2013 6:10:34 AM EDT
Just bought a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom last week and the decocker does not work like it should.  According to the instruction manual if the hammer is in the full cocked position and you press the decoking lever the hammer should go to the half cocked position.  Mine does not do that.  With the hammer fully cocked pressing the decocking lever does nothing.   If I press the decocker and pull the trigger the hammer goes to the half cocked position.  Am I missing something or should the gun be sent in for repair?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you pressing the decocker hard enough? I don't have any decocker models anymore, but if I remember correctly you would push the lever down fairly easily at first, then you'd get some resistance, then you'd have to apply some more force to release the hammer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I'll be darn.  That was the problem.  Thought I was pressing the lever as far as it would go, but then I used two thumbs and really bore down and it decocked.  I hope it will loosen up over time because it's pretty useless as is.   Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a new CZ 75 p01 compact and thought the same thing. I think it just needs to get some use to loosen up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#4]
It should loosen up the more you play with it. Lets see some pics of this bad boy
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It should loosen up the more you play with it. Lets see some pics of this bad boy
View Quote

OK, if I can figure out how to post pictures?  I've looked, but can't see how to insert an image.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
My SP-01 Tactical (steel frame version) has a stiff decocker too. Never bothered me, but I do have to remember to press it hard to work it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never seen one that took two hands to move. It will probably loosen up a bit with use, but I bet if you just get used to it you'll be able to use it just fine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#8]
If it doesn't become user friendly fast, call 1-800-955-4486 and ask the CZ-USA gunsmiths to fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top